GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Legend
    Blog Entries

Default Avoid.. Advance Auto Parts

Alright I had been an avid supporter of Advance for several years thank to their competative prices and fairly quick turn around on parts that needed to be ordered. About 2 months ago now (i know slow response on my part lol) i ordered a wheel bearing and a couple of other off the shelf items online since they were givine a 15% discount when you spent more than $100 online (not in stores) so I went to pick up the parts from them at the store, and i had forgotten to click "pick up in store" on the off the shelf items. When i spoke with a sales guy about this he told me "nope cant help you it is a done deal" when all it would have taken was a phone call. Then they couldnt even find the part that they had set aside for me. So this gentleman had been rather curt with me in the past but i was willing to brush it off, until then because why in the heck does he need to be so rude i guess they dont need my business. I went back in and spoke with a manager who pulled up my expenses in the past 3 years with them and it was over $11K. I then told him he had lost any future business with me and i walked out the door. I now buy 95% of my parts from Oreilleys since on my first trip in i had the manager ask me if i wanted an account (gives a discount on purchases automatically) when he overheard me telling them that they need to get used to seeing me since im at the parts store alot. They have been great to me since and i usually get a 20%-40% on most parts and even more on some.
    This may sound petty but to be honest in todays economy i will not stand to be treated poorly, i feel that i should be treated like a valued customer wether buying $1 or $1million in parts from them. Oreilleys has done so, and advance lost a not so much large but regular customer because of one rather irritating employee who didnt seem to care.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Legend
    Blog Entries

Well I hate to say this, but you do realize that O' Reillys supplys advanced auto? So In a way you are still supporting them, but don't worry I am boycotting autozone because they sell cheap junky jap stuff and the failure rate is very high on there stuff. It sucks that you can't find good service any more.......

Its kind of the opposite between Advance Auto Parts and O'reilly's in my area. Most of the time the people at O'reilly's are in the backroom just talking to each other or on the phone having a conversation with someone. Half the people just look at me and walk to the backroom. The people at Advance Auto Parts always help you and are very welcoming. I tend to go there alot more than O'reilly's.
    Year/Make/Model: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    Powertrain: 4.8L V8, Automatic, 2wd
    Tires/Rims: Stock rims and tires for now
    Top 5 Mods: Straight piped exhaust, Billet Grille, Color-matched bowtie/shaved moldings, 12K HID's, Two 12" Kickers with a 1,000 watt amp
    Next Planned mods: Truxxx Leveling Kit, Nitto Trail Grapplers, 15% Window Tint

Legend
    Blog Entries

See it was alot more of a customer service issue, but i also just didnt care for their attitude at most stores that i went in to. And TRPLXL2 i realized that Oreilleys supplied advance, but to be honest im not to worried about that because a store has to sell parts to stay open and well they for sure will not get my business anymore.
    As to AutoZone yeah we just had on open in our area and i only go there if i absolutely have to.
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

this is why i use NAPA....

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend
    Blog Entries

Napa here in Northern MN is beyond the worst parts supplier. i have gone in there and been ignored at the counter for 10 min before while they talked about the party they were all at the night before. And they will not price match, nor do they even compare on 90% of the parts they sell price wise and usually it is from the same parts supplyer
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

all of the ones I had ever been to were pretty good. thats weird.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers