Results 21 to 23 of 23
Thread: Tell me about your truck
11-11-2011, 11:02 AM #21
- Join Date
- Jan 2009
11-16-2011, 12:27 AM #22
I have owned both a 2009 F-150 with the 5.4 engine, and a 2011 Silverado with the 5.3 engine. I think both trucks are equally good, its just a matter of preference. Here is my list of pros and cons to each truck.
- The Ford 5.4 had more power the Chevy 5.3.
- Tougher body and body hardware.
- A more "rugged" look and feel, this is great if you use it for a serious work truck.
- The back seat of the Crew Cab is gigantic.
- The Ford felt a little more stable at high speed. I also own BMW's, and honestly, the Ford felt as stable at 80mph as a BMW.
- I dont like how the new F-150s look, the grille and tail lights are ugly.
- I dont like the new engine choices. I have heard horrible things about the 5.0. I have heard great things about the V6 turbo Ecoboost, but its a very expensive option ($1500) compared to the standard V6 without the turbo. But most of all, I am obsessed with V8's and a V6 kills all the fun!
- Feels more refined than the F-150. I prefer the fit and finish of the Chevy, it just feels classier inside and out.
- Better turning radius, and it feels much more nimble to drive in a parking lot.
- The back seat of the Crew Cab is much smaller than the Ford.
- The 5.3 has a little less power than the 5.4 (but it sounds better IMO =D).
Anything other than a Ford or Chevy is a compromise, nothing comes close in quality and reliability.
Last edited by 747; 11-16-2011 at 12:53 AM.
11-16-2011, 01:30 PM #23
I have a 2007 Chevy Silverado LT 4x4 with the 5.3L V8, classic body style (the new body style)
I love how large the cab is and how comortable the seats are. Even long hauls with adults in the back seat are comfy. I love the headlights, the visability is amazing, the brights make it like daylight. I love the split rear seats folding up, I can put both my dogs back without worrying about them damaging the leather. I love the center counsel and interior dash. I love how manuverable my truck is. I love that I can use my truck as a commuter all week and then drive it up and down mountains, haul other trucks, and do whatever I need to do with this truck. For a 1/2 ton I have to say my truck is more reliable and performs better then my friends F150's and Rams.
I thought it looked a little funny stock because the cab is so large on the stock body. I lifted it 6 inches, put 35" tires and 19" wheels on it and I feel that is the way they should come stock. Now this is not a problem and I love the look. The other bad, is my engine is burning oil however GM is working with me on a fix and if they can't find one I get a new motor. Mixed feelings about that but seriously, that is the ONLY issue I have had in 62,000 miles and I know GM will make me happy in the end.
Silverado's are monsters. We have had a 1992, 1994, and a 2007. Buy a Chevy and you will be a Chevy person for life.
Last edited by koolbia; 11-16-2011 at 01:49 PM.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vanessa (Fife, WA)
2007 4x4 Silverado LT
6" Superlift / Leveling Kit / Superchip
MBRP Cat Back Performance Exhaust
35" Tires / 19" Wheels / Smittybilt Nerfs
Custom 2 Tone Leather Interior
1978 3/4 Ton K5 Blazer Monster Truck
8" suspension lift, 3" body lift
44" tires, 16.5" wheels