GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Default What type of phone service do you have"

I just switched from ATT to VOIPO internet phone.

So how many of you guys are using Voice over internet phone?
    Or, do you prefer the traditional phone company?
    86 911 Porsche Carrera
    98 K1500 Suburban LT
    2012 Nissan Leaf

​General Motors.
    Because life is too short to drive a Ford

I've been using comcast/xfinity for a few years now, TV, Internet and Phone. I only use the phone to call my folks in England, otherwise I wouldn't have a home phone at all.
    Adam

We live in a SMALL town with a SMALL cable company. We have high speed internet, home phone with unlimited local and long distance and cable T.V. for $99.00 a month. We use Verizon cell phone, best reception in this area.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by Caddiac View Post
    I just switched from ATT to VOIPO internet phone.

So how many of you guys are using Voice over internet phone?
    Or, do you prefer the traditional phone company?
    We are in a small little development outside Tucson that the Major players (QWEST-phone,ComcastCable,and COX Cable) have decided that its not worth the $ to bring services out here so....

We can get a traditional phone line but no DSL.....so why bother..we use Verizon cell phones. For Cable we have had DirectTV for 10 years. For Internet we use WI Power(via a dish)and its a little pricey but the plan we have is just as fast as the best DSL or cable plan or faster. In fact our home Alarm system connects to my router for service.

WI Power provides service all over the USA so if you live in an area where you cant get DSL or cable I recommend it.

http://www.wi-power.com/

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

I have ATT here. Phone, TV, Cell phone, and DSL internet. I like this service and have had it for 8 years so far.

been using ATT since 2002, never a problem.

2003 Z71 Silverado LS
    Access roll up cover
    Bed Rails
    Billet Grill insert
    Bed Rug
    CB with PA system
    Waiting to be installed
    Two 8in RF HX2 punch( would have 12s but they got stolen)

Quote Originally Posted by oppelousas View Post
    I have ATT here. Phone, TV, Cell phone, and DSL internet. I like this service and have had it for 8 years so far.

Me too, Have ATT and like it, First one in my area to get U-verse TV. On my second Iphone with ATT, first the 3 now the Iphone4 and never had a problem with the internet down or TV down.
    2007 Suburban 2500 Edge evolution CS leveled 265 goodyear Silent Armor Pro Grade Kenwood DNX6180 Nav.Radio

OH Goody, another Pickem up truck dripping with Chrome Crap!

We recently switched our home phone over to VOIP. Ooma is the name of the company and you can buy their hub which attaches to your wireless router. Once you pay the $250 for the hub, and hook-up your cordless phones, there are no monthly payments. You can use a credit card to charge overseas calls, but there is no charge for normal usage. If the power goes out, we use our cell phones.

Had the service for over a year now, and no problems with it. You can even get your voice mail online and forward calls to other phone numbers if you're away. The only issue I ran into is if you want to keep your current phone number, you have to wait about a month for it to be transferred over. We opted for a new number so not an issue.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Legend
    Blog Entries

So you paid for the hardware and then there is no fee? Cool. I paid $187 for 2 years service and they provide the hardware. Works out to about $8 per month the monthly fee goes up if you pay one year. But yours is a better deal in the long run. I kept my phone number but when AT&T ported the number, they also cut off my DSL line. After 2 weeks they told me it would be another week to get it fixed and kept insisting the problem was in my house. So I switched to Charter internet. They are twice as fast as my DSL line which after the first year would have gone up to $60 a month.

The best is you're getting the same type of phone service as you get from Cablevision and other big cable providers, but you're not paying for it. Also, if you buy it from Costco, you can return it if you're not happy.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by