GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: Do you like the stock rims or should I get aftermarket rims?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep stock rims

12 44.44%
  • Get aftermarket rims

15 55.56%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I got aftermarket for one reason: I wrecked one of my factory wheels. An OEM replacement, even if used, was going to run 450-500. For 800 I got 4 new wheels I liked a lot better. Otherwise, I'd still be happily running the stock wheels.

To Be Completed (Eventually):
    6" BDS Suspension lift | KingShocks Front and Rear Coil Overs | 4.56 Gears | 35" A/Ts (TBD) | Cervinis 07-12 Silverado Ram Air Hood | Fab Fours Front Winch Bumper (CS07-H2051-1) | Fab Fours Full Size Rear Bumper (CS07-W1850-1) | RX-2 Series Main Grille (Black) | Line-x Bed and wheel wells | Skid Plates | Rizor Automated Tonneau Cover | Custom Bed Insert | RBP RX-3 Series Nerf Bars | Kenwood Excelon DNX9990HD | JL Audio Stealthbox (2x500RMS) | JL Audio HD 1200/1 Class D Mono Amp | JL Audio C5-653 Components (Front) | JL Audio C5-650 Components (Rear) | JL Audio Slash v2 300/4v2 Class A/B Amp

Well I got the 2011 GM wheels for my truck and I love them. As you can see here though what counts is what you like because no matter what wheels you get or don't get you will never please everyone so please yourself.

2002 Chevrolet Silverado Extended Cab SportSide: See Mods in My Garage

I am not really a big fan of aftermarket wheels except in certain situations... For example, I have a Chevy Conversion van. I think that stock wheels on a vehicle where EVERYTHING ELSE has been customized make that vehicle look unfinished.

On the other hand... Aftermarket wheels with or without a bunch of other ornamental bolt on or stick on stuff also looks like a random "unfinished" thought to me. Of course, it depends on the wheels you choose. I have a hard time finding aftermarket wheels that I think look good. They are all too "flashy". When you see a truck roll by with great big chrome "train wheels", all you see are the wheels. The rest of the truck fades off into the background unless the wheels are part of an overall "theme". In MY opinion... and that's what it is... an opinion... The wheels should be no more flashy than the rest of the truck or it looks incomplete... similar to those guys who french their license plate into the tailgate and install a roll pan in place of the bumper, but then leave the body work primed instead of having it painted and "finishing" the job.

Having said all of that, my truck has aftermarket wheels, diamond plate bed rail caps, vent shades and a diamond plate tool box, but I bought it that way. I plan on taking it all off and putting it back to factory over time. I think it just looks better that way. (especially on a truck as old as mine). But again, it is only MY opinion.

Perhaps I am "Old Skool"...
    Last edited by moogvo; 04-19-2012 at 09:21 AM.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Wow, the votes are currently split exactly 50/50. I realize you already made your decision and went with the aftermarket rims, just thought it was funny. You made the right choice in my opinion!

2012 Silverado 1500 LS Crew Cab 4.8L 4x4
    - Nitto Tera Grapler 265/70R17, Line-X bed liner, Black Bowties, Stampede front deflector, DeeZee black diamond plate bed rails, TonnoPro Lo-roll cover, Antenna deleted, Spyder Projection Headlights with Phillips CrystalVision Ultra bulbs, Spyder Tail Lights & 3rd Brake Light, Rough Country leveling kit, PlastiDip'd emblems, and wheel hubs, Diablosport Trinity, 20% tint, Black OEM grill

"Coming through in a new Chevy, droppin' game like it's too heavy."

Aftermarket but You got to go big.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123