GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: tags

Default tags

Hey guys i have been noticeing lately that some on some new body style chevys that some have a tag holder on the front bumper and some dont why is that? reason im asking is because my truck is a 2010 and it has the tag holder on the front and i kinda would rather not have one.

Are u talking about the license plate holder? If so you could easily take it off, just make sure it is legal, here in California its the law to have a front license plate.

yea thats what i meant but im in georgia so i dont think it matters. ill look at it and see though because there are four screws on it and i didnt know what they are for.

Yeah you have to have on in Texas to, wish I didn't though, I think not having one would make the truck look so much better

2009 Chevy Silverado!

Blacked out tail lights + 3rd brake light
    l Tint: 35% front windows and Limo on the rest l Hard wired Valentine One radar detector l Pirelli Scorpion Ice & Snow tires with GM CK375 wheels l Hand welded receiver hitch l HID lighting l SMD lighting l Blacked out front and rear emblems l Cherry Bomb Extreme exhaust dumped l 2 Kenwood 12's powered by a Kenwood amp w/ an Base control l

2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ---2012 Chevy Cruze
    ---

"Let's just agree that a perfect truck is hard to find, and we'll drive the Silverado till we find it." - Car and Driver

yea does anybody know what kind of tool you use to take it out beacuse it not a philips head or flat head screwdriver? and i honestly dont know?

Maybe a nut driver or a torx. Seems like mine is held on with with bolts that have a slot for a flat head screwdriver.

Take a pic of it. I'm almost positive the license plate holder is held on by rivets. In that case you have to drill them out. Those rivets should be aluminium, so it shouldn't be very difficult.I have a custom license plate number so I don't mind mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Steban View Post
    Take a pic of it. I'm almost positive the license plate holder is held on by rivets. In that case you have to drill them out. Those rivets should be aluminium, so it shouldn't be very difficult.I have a custom license plate number so I don't mind mine.
    The lower portion of the these "bumpers" is plastic. They aren't held on by rivets.