GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Lift?

Default Lift?

I am looking to go up with my truck just 2.5-3 inches and run 32s or 33 A/Ts. I don't want to go with a body lift. Should I go with 2.5 keys and lift shackles, lift spindles and lift shackles, quik lift shocks, or just spend the money on a Skyjacker 3 inch lift kit? I want to put 17 inch GMC wheels with Nitto A/Ts or Cooper Discoverers. Its gonna be a while before I can really buy but when the time comes, I want to be ready.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

If you just want to run 33's you can use a leveling kit and an add-a-leaf in the rear for added height. No need to spend more money on a full lift kit for 33's.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

X2 leveling kit and add-a-leaf if its only 33's

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Wouldn't add a leafs add stiffness to my rear end?

yes it will add a little but it will help with sag in the back if you every have to puit anything in the pan or you could go with big blocks

I was able to fit 33" BFG AT's in there with no rubbing just by tightening up the torsion keys...Truck looked good and level and wasn't all that stiff. The tires in my opinion added the stiffness to the ride...Didn't need blocks or an add-a-leaf in the rear. Then I got the lift keys and it added another 3/4 of an inch or so of lift to the front..

Turning the screws is a quick fix for a more agressive look.

Quote Originally Posted by PearlWhiteLTZ View Post
    I was able to fit 33" BFG AT's in there with no rubbing just by tightening up the torsion keys...Truck looked good and level and wasn't all that stiff. The tires in my opinion added the stiffness to the ride...Didn't need blocks or an add-a-leaf in the rear. Then I got the lift keys and it added another 3/4 of an inch or so of lift to the front..

Turning the screws is a quick fix for a more agressive look.
    I have the factory ones turned nearly all the way up. I've been told not to turn them all the way up cuz the ride will suck more.

Leveling kit is all u need.

Focus on that n ur tires if $$ is tight.