GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Mechanic

Default 4 Wheel Drive stuck

Currently my truck is stuck in 4HI. i know theres other threads about this but i also have had issues with this before. It wont go into 2HI for anything, tried all the tricks, i can hear the tcase trying to work and then it just goes back 4HI. I got stuck on thursday, not bad, i didnt beat the hell out of the truck. It wouldnt get in 2 for awhile then i got it on the road and it finally went. then i went to the gas station, turned it off, and then it was back in 4 HI somehow... And now its just stuck there. Im thinking its probably encoder motor, but id like other opinions before i decide what to do with it.
    2003 K1500HD-Straight Pipe, Drop -In K&N Filter, 3" Lift Soon, H2 Rims
    1993 C1500 ECSB- Open Headers, Performance Shift Kit

Do you have the push button 4wd or the floor mounted 4wd shifter?
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Jr. Mechanic

I have the electric. I wish i had the floor shift. My truck wouldnt of been sitting since thursday if i did. Its always given me trouble but it never did this.
    2003 K1500HD-Straight Pipe, Drop -In K&N Filter, 3" Lift Soon, H2 Rims
    1993 C1500 ECSB- Open Headers, Performance Shift Kit

The electric 4wd selector module thing is probably dead/ f*cked up, it's a common issue on the '99-'07 trucks.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Legend
    Blog Entries

The 4wd actuator is the number one problem child, a guy at work just had to replace one and he payed $200 at a junkyard for this part with 34,000 miles on it. A brand new one was around $800, start checking your local junk yards

Has your concern been resolved? I would be happy to look into this for you on my end as well. Please feel free to contact me privately with the last eight of your VIN for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.