GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Place that installs a leveling kit

I know you guys pretty much hear this all the time, but where is a good place to get it installed? I finally got my truxxx 2.5" leveling kit in the mail and I am ready to get it installed. I called around to pretty much every tire place near me and everyone says they don't install them. I don't have the equipment nor the mechanical experience to do it myself or I would. I live near Peachtree city, Ga if you can help me find a place. Thanks guys!
    Year/Make/Model: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    Powertrain: 4.8L V8, Automatic, 2wd
    Tires/Rims: Stock rims and tires for now
    Top 5 Mods: Straight piped exhaust, Billet Grille, Color-matched bowtie/shaved moldings, 12K HID's, Two 12" Kickers with a 1,000 watt amp
    Next Planned mods: Truxxx Leveling Kit, Nitto Trail Grapplers, 15% Window Tint

I find that front end shops are generally alot cheaper than "offroad" shops. My alignment guy did one for a buddy of mine for like $150 w/ alignment. Most offroad shops want at least $250.

The place I usually get my alignment said they only did fullsize lifts.

Quote Originally Posted by Klutch Mclovin View Post
    The place I usually get my alignment said they only did fullsize lifts.
    Ok...so they think they're too good for it? Someone will take your money. Just shop around.

I'm in the same boat as you man, either spend the 150$ on a torsion bar unloading tool or pay the 200-250 to have somebody put it in. None of the stores in my location rent tools out anymore.

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3
    Factory Tint
    Recon Taillights
    2.5 ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    Low Profile Toolbox
    Westin Nerf Steps

I would love to take your money and install it. What kind of shop says no? WTH
    Dave V. -- Riverside, California
    Owner of --
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.8Liter V8 engine 2WD w/Kenwood Double DIN CD/DVD Player
    1971 Chevrolet Chevelle 350ci V8 engine with 500+ horsepower (Still Under Construction)

How about it! and you have a chevelle (my dream car) I'll give you my 79 firebird and 82 trans am in return! (both have 350's!) lol just kidding, any pictures?

Have you called around to different dealerships?? I called my local chevy dealership and they installed my ReadyLift level for $100 + 70 for allignment. 4wheelparts wanted something stupid like $550.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Quote Originally Posted by BrownPats420 View Post
    How about it! and you have a chevelle (my dream car) I'll give you my 79 firebird and 82 trans am in return! (both have 350's!) lol just kidding, any pictures?
    Thanks for the offer, but I will have to say no, lol. My chevelle is my baby, she was my first car that I got when I was 14. I need to put some pictures up, I will put some in my profile.

I'm suprised you can't find a place to do it foor you! I called and got quotes from a lot of places and they all did installs. From tire discounters to my local muffler shop. I ended up going with a local body shop and got a decent price. And I have the same leveling kit you ordered. I love it so far. Good choice and good luck!
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by