GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Apprentice

Default 2010 Chevy Silverado LT Crew Cab RUST

I purchased my Chevy Silverado on June 16, 2010. I wash my truck on average every two weeks. I had hip replacment surgery 11 weeks ago, so I haven't wiped my door jams out for about 3 months. Now my door seal is show rust. I'm pissed. I plan to call the dealer I got the truck from as, I have 32K miles.

Has anybody had this problem. I popped the trim panel off to take the picture.

Kent
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Drivers_side_Front_Door_Weather_strip_rust.jpg  

That doesn't look right. I bet it had water sitting in it before you bought it. What did the dealership say?
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Jr. Apprentice

Just went online and scheduled an appointment for Wednesday morning. I will append what they say or do.

Kent

Sr. Engineer

Wow.. Thats pretty bad. Does it go any farther in under the bundle of wires or carpet or is it just on the edge so far?

Jr. Apprentice

Well good news. Jerry's Chevrolet in Towson, MD, service looked at it today, and said, "That doesn't look right". They replaced the weather stripping around the door. The service guy said that when someone steps on the gasket, it separates and let's this happen. He indicated that the mechanic mentioned he has seen this before. It was fixed in less than an hour under warranty. Apparently the weather stripping has a steel spine inside, so separating the weather stripping exposes the steel to atmosphere causing the rust. Nothing on the body. My truck looks great again.

Kent

I mentioned this in another post as i had the same problem and the dealer replaced both sides of my weatherstripping.You may want to check the other side.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Had same thing on my 2010 Ext. Cab LT, material was replaced under warranty.

Kent,

I am glad to hear that this concern has been resolved. If you have any future questions or concerns please feel free to contact me directly for more assistance. Thank you.

Tricia, GM Customer Service.