GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default 35 in spare tire location...

Hey guys! I was just wondering if anyone has figured out a way to mount their 35 in spare tire underneath the bed where the original spare tire is located? I know they make aftermarket tire racks that mount on the bed but I want to keep bed space available...

It fits in mine but I have the classic style. your truck looks great by the way. a huge difference between stock and it lifted.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Thanks man, I'm going to do some further investigation this weekend. Hopefully it fits like in your truck. I'll do some measuring and hopefully it it fall right in. Did you have to modify anything to get it to fit?

No modifications or anything. The tire winch quit pulling it up after the second time (dont know if its too heavy since it will go up without the tire). I have to assist the tire up while someone elso cranks the winch, then have to really push on the center to get it clamped in tight (not that difficult just takes two people now. Still clears the exhuast just fine (I have magnaflow but goes out where the stock pipe went) and has about 2-3" behind the hitch reciever.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member