GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Technical internet issue for computer smart people :)

I am converting my computer to linux 11 and I have to use mozilla firefox as a internet browser. But GM truck club's site is not wanting to run in properly firefox. I have to use internet explorer to run it but the operating system Linux dosent run internet explorer I dont think. Do you have any suggestios so that I can stay on GM truck club? Thanks
    2003 Chevy 1500 Z71
    3" body lift, 305/70 r 17 Remmington mud brutes, Matching color rino liner, KandN filter, Extra Chrome trim, Diablo Sport Predator programmer, electric fan swap
    ---Plans for later: low profile blackdiamonplate tool box, custom made front and rear bumpers or bumper guards, winch on the front

I'm gonna need more information.

- browsers users
    - full operating system
    - list of problems
    - screenshots if you can take then and show the issues

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Legend

What version of FF are you using? As far as I know just about all of them format quite well on here.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Ok,
    I have an Acer aspire 5517 running Windows 7. I am converting to Linux mint 11. I currently have windows explorer and mozilla on this laptop. When I run GMTC in mozilla it wont let me scroll all of the way down through alot of the post. It just doesnt load all of the pages on forum posts. When I switch back to Internet explorer it works fine.

---------- Post added at 03:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

mozilla will have a loading symbol in the internet bar for ever until I give up and switch back to interent ex

---------- Post added at 03:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

@trailLeadr
    Iam not sure as to which FF iam running. How do I find out?
    2003 Chevy 1500 Z71
    3" body lift, 305/70 r 17 Remmington mud brutes, Matching color rino liner, KandN filter, Extra Chrome trim, Diablo Sport Predator programmer, electric fan swap
    ---Plans for later: low profile blackdiamonplate tool box, custom made front and rear bumpers or bumper guards, winch on the front

Hmm, is it zoomed in at all? I've done that beore, been in FF and it was like at 200% zoom? Just something silly to check.

I'm on windows Vista and I use Chrome mostly, but I check Firefox and also IE9 and IE8 to make certain it's all loading up.

Maybe try to clear the cache, all that good stuff? I've made a bunch of changes over the last few months and you may have cached something that was broken and that's what your system is still trying to load in FF?

Maybe javascript is turned off in FF or cookies or something like that? Maybe it's got a built-in firewall or something?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

how do I post a screen shot? I can show you sort of. This is the only web site that FF wont run. I even did a toyota forum and it worked fine. Java script is on also and current

---------- Post added at 04:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

Ok I right clicked on Mozilla and clicked on properties and clicked compatability and turned compatibilty mode for windows 7 and mozilla seems to be working for GMTC now.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

ok, I have done the switch to linux 11 and the site works fine on mozilla now. Thanks for the help
    2003 Chevy 1500 Z71