GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Lightbulb Getting new rims and tires soon..

I am planning on getting new rims and tires soon. What should I go with? My truck is two tone, dark grey on top tan on bottom. I was thinking black motometals or a set of black xd rims just not sure which ones? I saw a truck that looked just like mine on this site for may 2011 rotm on the first page. The guys name is Cohen. He had the 06 silverado stock rims on his truck and they looked pretty good.
    Year/Make/Model: 2003 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    Powertrain: 4.8L V8, Automatic, 2wd
    Tires/Rims: Stock rims and tires for now
    Top 5 Mods: Straight piped exhaust, Billet Grille, Color-matched bowtie/shaved moldings, 12K HID's, Two 12" Kickers with a 1,000 watt amp
    Next Planned mods: Truxxx Leveling Kit, Nitto Trail Grapplers, 15% Window Tint

These are some of my favorite aftermarket wheels

Pro Comp

http://www.procompusa.com/productlin...10&ptID=100073

Mickey Thompson

http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/truck.php

Dick Cepek

http://www.dickcepek.com/wheels.php

and the XD line of wheels by KMC

http://www.kmcwheels.com/wheels/?whe...d=3&groupid=36

many of these are available in black as well. The XD Monster, XD Hoss, and XD Addict are my favorites for the XD rims. Motometals look decent as well. I run the Cragar Soft 8's on my truck, they're under $70 a piece at Summit Racing last time I checked (for 16" wheels at least....), just as another suggestion.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

I was thinking about some of those too. I just dont know if black would look better or will chrome look better on a two tone truck.

Chrome looks good on just about anything. My truck is 2 tone as well (silver on top, grey on the bottom) and I think the black rims look good on my truck. It really comes down to personal taste. Check out some of my album pictures if you want to see what the Soft 8's look like on a two tone truck.

I think chrome might be a little too flashy.

I have boss 313 black with a polished lip I love them

2005 Silverado SS
    Color matched AEM CAI,Magnaflow mufflers,cat delete,true dual 2.75" stainless mandrel bent exhaust,Circle D 300K stall,Transgo shift kit,Corvette servos,Detroit Tru-trac,SLP 160* T-stat,Taylor 10.4mm red wires,Comp cams 228R,903 springs,12" cross drilled and slotted rotors,WHEATLEY tuned!!!! Boss 313 22X9.5,Toyo proxes II 305/45/22,

If I did get black wheels should I get a black toolbox and smoked led tail lights so it would better match the truck?

Quote Originally Posted by Klutch Mclovin View Post
    If I did get black wheels should I get a black toolbox and smoked led tail lights so it would better match the truck?
    I would but thats just me I think it would look good

Yeah, I think it would too. I think I might go with XD Misfit's on Nitto Trail Grapplers. They looked pretty good on ajarman's truck.

Don't worry about what we think you should do -- pursue your own sense of style. After all, in addition to many modifications/upgrades being functional, they're a form of self-expression.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 10-26-2011 at 09:33 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by