GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by

I enjoyed the read. Good progress so far!
    I like you.

Still a mess but starting to come together now...

Joseph

Airforce Veteran (7 years)

NRA Life Member

Great job. Thanks & good luck
    Everyday I wake up is a great day! ;-)
    05' Chevy Suburban, 11' Ford Fiesta

Well..... Actually made visible progress today..... Got the engine/trans harness pretty much buttoned up and ready to go.....

Made a little progress inside the cab too... Got the plug for the instrument cluster re-wired for the newer electronic speedo cluster and got that rats nest cleaned up...

Now I just have to do the little bit of re-wiring on the inside part of the firewall connector and fuse panel and should be ready to go electrically... Then I need to mount the TCM holder, install the dipstick/tube that I just received today, and get my driveshafts modified.... Then should be ready to go...

Well.... I SHOULD only have 2 more splices that I need to do behind the fuse panel and the wiring SHOULD be done....

Well I felt I was done with the wiring enough to re-secure the fuse-box/firewall connector back to the firewall today. Hopefully that's it.

Got the harness pretty much wrapped up the rest of the way today and also got the computer holder mounted up....

Jesus! you must be a glutton for punishment!!!LOL!!
    You're driving is WAY more offensive than my swearing, assjack!!!

Default Hey you must know lots about these transmissions..

I have one in my 2002 2500..

It was the NJ Governor's parade motorcycle tow vehicle in NJ

The truck drove fine into the impound lot for the state auction, no tow, drove in with no problems..

Due to some paperwork snafu's it sat there for 4 months missed the first auction, and then when they went to
    move it in place for the next auction the battery was completely dead, and it would not shift well even when jumped.
    Battery was so dead that it would not even light interior light, or run radio after the truck was turned off after 30 minutes
    of running. This was while it was disconnected from any jumper cables etc.

They sold the truck labeled with a "bad trans/tow-out"

Anyhow I have a new battery and am picking up the truck this week. Thoughts on what I should ask the trans guy to
    look for, or if you think this might have caused the trans not to work properly (having such a bum battery)

Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by stephenwsmith View Post
    I have one in my 2002 2500..

It was the NJ Governor's parade motorcycle tow vehicle in NJ

The truck drove fine into the impound lot for the state auction, no tow, drove in with no problems..

Due to some paperwork snafu's it sat there for 4 months missed the first auction, and then when they went to
    move it in place for the next auction the battery was completely dead, and it would not shift well even when jumped.
    Battery was so dead that it would not even light interior light, or run radio after the truck was turned off after 30 minutes
    of running. This was while it was disconnected from any jumper cables etc.

They sold the truck labeled with a "bad trans/tow-out"

Anyhow I have a new battery and am picking up the truck this week. Thoughts on what I should ask the trans guy to
    look for, or if you think this might have caused the trans not to work properly (having such a bum battery)

Stephen
    Just as I said in your thread..... I'd hold off on taking it to a trans shop until you find out if the new battery doesn't fix it..... These trans need the full 12V to work properly and most likely wasn't getting it with the completely dead battery.... I bet the trans will work just fine with a new battery....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by