GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1
    Jr. Apprentice dlg804's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    29

    Default Apartment gate closed on my truck.

    Last week I had an apartment gate close on my truck. It was not my fault. I was not trying to follow anybody in or anything like that. The
    Complex has the whole incident on camra, but is claiming that they are not liable for their gates. Has anyone ever had a similar incident with a company not wanted to fix damage caused by them to your truck. If so how did you go about it. Do I need to get an attorney or just let it go.

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlg804 View Post
    Last week I had an apartment gate close on my truck. It was not my fault. I was not trying to follow anybody in or anything like that. The
    Complex has the whole incident on camra, but is claiming that they are not liable for their gates. Has anyone ever had a similar incident with a company not wanted to fix damage caused by them to your truck. If so how did you go about it. Do I need to get an attorney or just let it go.
    Is there a Sign, Next to the Gate, Stating that the Complex is Not Liable for the Gate(actions of it) if hit a Vehicle and/or a Person??.....also is the Gate is on the Property of the Complex??

    MIKE


    99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN










  3. #3
    Jr. Apprentice dlg804's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    29

    Default

    The only sign that is there just states that you are under video monitoring. The gate is on the property of the complex as well.

  4. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlg804 View Post
    The only sign that is there just states that you are under video monitoring. The gate is on the property of the complex as well.
    I would mention to them, what I expressed above......that there is No Sign Stating that the (Complex is Not Liable for the Gate(actions of it) if hit a Vehicle and/or a person) and see what they say to that......and that the Gate is On the Property of the Complex........how much and/or what damage was done to your Truck from the Gate hitting it??

    MIKE


    99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN










  5. #5
    Jr. Apprentice dlg804's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Mississippi
    Posts
    29

    Default

    It has around $600-$1000 worth of damage to the paint and body on the drivers side of the truck bed according to my insurance adjuster. I will deffinatley
    Mention what you said next time I go to meet with them.

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dlg804 View Post
    It has around $600-$1000 worth of damage to the paint and body on the drivers side of the truck bed according to my insurance adjuster. I will deffinatley
    Mention what you said next time I go to meet with them.
    For the amount of the damage to your truck, I would Not let this go, if the Complex is Not willing to work with you on this issue, don't argue with them, Instead I would speak with an Attorney, and see what he/she can do for you......Good Luck and hope it all works out for you.......and last Take pictures of the Complex.....the area of the Gate and your Truck ASAP!!


    Edit:....I forgot to ask, do you live at this Complex and/or does a family member/friend live there??
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 10-24-2011 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Added Infor.

    MIKE


    99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN










  7. #7

    Default

    Ok so not sure how much this will help, but my wife is in property management (regional manager for a large publicly owned company). I posed the question to her if this happened at one of her properties. Her response was that she would have you file a claim with the insurance (their property would send info to their risk management dept.) and then the insurance would then most likely go after the property. doesnt help when you have to pay the deductible, unless your insurance would wave that until they investigate and decide if they are going after the property. Make sure the surveillence tapes dont disappear. thats your only evidence that you were entering the gate properly, otherwise they can just claim you were following another vehicle through.
    Sorry to hear about the damage
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

  8. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dsfloyd View Post
    Ok so not sure how much this will help, but my wife is in property management (regional manager for a large publicly owned company). I posed the question to her if this happened at one of her properties. Her response was that she would have you file a claim with the insurance (their property would send info to their risk management dept.) and then the insurance would then most likely go after the property. doesnt help when you have to pay the deductible, unless your insurance would wave that until they investigate and decide if they are going after the property. Make sure the surveillence tapes dont disappear. thats your only evidence that you were entering the gate properly, otherwise they can just claim you were following another vehicle through.
    Sorry to hear about the damage
    Dave Excellent Advice.....and x2 on making sure the Tapes Don't Disappear and/or get Erased, can you say Nixon (WaterGate)!!

    MIKE


    99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN










  9. #9

    Default

    I agree with Mike and David... make sure the surveilance footage doesn't get erased - get a copy of it if you can. And take pictures of the area around the gate (lack of a sign saying they aren't responsible for it). I strongly suggest doing this before you talk to them again. All it takes for them to be off the hook would be to put up a sign just outside of the surveilance camera's view and claim it was there all along.

    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck


  10. #10

    Default

    I agree with the Video Tape thats the main Focus as of now because if they say they quote on quote lost it you are really out of luck and there will be nothing you can do!

    2008 Chevy Silverado Ext. Cab Lt Z71 5.3 V8
    7.5 Inch Rough Country Suspension Lift
    RBP Replica Grille Black w Chrome Rivets
    Recon Smoked Cab Roof Lights
    N-Fab Powdercoated Gloss black Cab Length Nerf Steps
    5% Tint over 20% all the way around / 5% Eyebrow Strip
    AVS Smoked Window Visors
    Z71 Stickers Black & Metallic Silver
    Tow Mirrors / Smoked Turn Signals
    XM Satellite Radio Fin / Color Matched
    Interior Plastic Pieces / Color Matched
    Power Acoustic Tweeters
    Painted Bowties / Color Matched
    Painted Door Handles / Color Matched
    Smittybilt Bull Bar / Color Matched
    Custom Rolled Edge Exhaust Tips / Color Matched
    Custom 2.5 Inch Cat Back True Dual Exhaust
    Flowmaster Super 40 Series Dual in / Dual out
    Magnaflow Tru-X Pipe
    K&N Air Filter
    18x9 Rockstars Machined Black
    Center Caps / Color Matched
    33.13.50 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    New Front Wheel Well Liners
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Tailights
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Third Brake Light / Smoked
    Eagle Eye Black L.E.D. Halo Projector Headlights
    Notto HID Kit 10,000k Low beams
    Recon L.E.D. Light Bar
    Buschwacker OE Style Tailgate Cap
    AMI Gloss Black Antenna
    Debadged Chrome Lettering
    Door Molding Removed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Chevy G3500 12' Box Truck Lift Gate Low Miles No Reserv
    By Steve in forum Chevy Trucks For Sale eBay
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2011, 09:20 PM
  2. 2006 chevrolet g3500 12 ft box truck with lift gate v8
    By Steve in forum Chevy Trucks For Sale eBay
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-29-2010, 01:50 PM
  3. 99-05 Chevy Truck Silverado Sierra Tail Gate Handle OEM
    By Steve in forum Chevy Parts eBay
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-06-2010, 04:20 PM
  4. 2004 Chevrolet Express 3500 Box Truck Van Lift Gate V8
    By Steve in forum Chevy Trucks For Sale eBay
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-01-2009, 08:30 PM
  5. Mice in My Apartment
    By MWright936 in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 09:55 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •