GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

So u recomend the diablo and ur mods for a 07 tahoe that is gettin 12.9 mpg and she will not get out of its own
    way... My 99 tahoe would scream! I miss her so much!!

Yeah, my 02 would have blown the doors off my 09 stock. The diablo plus the mods brought the truck to where it needs to be. Turning off the afm makes the truck much more drivable around town. With the afm off, I've noticed no change in mileage either.

Default Diablo and mods

Quote Originally Posted by PearlWhiteLTZ View Post
    Yeah, my 02 would have blown the doors off my 09 stock. The diablo plus the mods brought the truck to where it needs to be. Turning off the afm makes the truck much more drivable around town. With the afm off, I've noticed no change in mileage either.
    thanks pearlwhite incant wait to get started
    nath

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitboy View Post
    GM won't give us the option to disable it and keep our warranty until they put out enough money for warranty repairs. They have my buddies wifes Yukon in now for a total rebuild at 48,000 miles because the rings froze to the pistons from running in AFM mode so much. It has zero compression on cylinder #8. His own truck just went in last week for a whole new upper end since one of the AFM lifters puked.
    I'd hate to lose the warranty on my 2011 LTZ over putting an aftermarket tune on it. I sure wish there were a way we could disable AFM through the dealer so we could keep our warranty.
    I just called my dealer today and the service tech told me they could program the AFM to off and it would cost $399. Lotta money to turn off something GM should let me do through the trucks DIC......

I had a 2008 Silverado with a 5.3 with AFM and a new 2013 Silverado with 5.3 with AFM.

With my 2008, I put catback dual exhaust and the 2013 got a Flowsound 40 muffler only.

Both trucks have approximately the same sound level, and I do hear it when the AFM drops the engine from 8 to 4 cylinders. IMO, the transition sound is not that bad. No biggie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post

I should also mention you may see a drop in mileage disabling the AFM.....
    You WILL see a drop in fuel mileage, there is no MAY.

Quote Originally Posted by stchman View Post
    I had a 2008 Silverado with a 5.3 with AFM and a new 2013 Silverado with 5.3 with AFM.

With my 2008, I put catback dual exhaust and the 2013 got a Flowsound 40 muffler only.

Both trucks have approximately the same sound level, and I do hear it when the AFM drops the engine from 8 to 4 cylinders. IMO, the transition sound is not that bad. No biggie.

- - - Updated - - -

You WILL see a drop in fuel mileage, there is no MAY.
    I have seen some guys disable AFM and not seen any reduction in MPG..just deepnds on your setup...i.e gear ratio, custom tune, etc...

So "it may" because not everyones truck is setup identical.

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123