GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 1997 C1500 Extended Cab Silverado

5.7 Vortec
    163k mi.

(6k. on rebuilt trans)

I am the 3rd owner of this truck. I've had it approximately 2 years. The previous owner was a former co worker of mine and the 1st owner was her brother in law.

The good:

I've been going through the truck since I purchased it and have changed the following;
    - a/c compressor & drier
    - battery, alternator
    - drive belt, idler pulley and tensioner
    - a/c control panel, blower motor regulator
    - inner door handles (both), all the hinge pins and bushings (my doors don't hang and they close like a new truck)
    - brake booster
    - intake manifold and valve cover gaskets
    - maf, full tune up (cap, rotor, wires, plugs, fuel filter)
    - rebuilt trans
    - trans mount, carrier bearing, rear main seal, u-joints
    - headlamp switch
    -radiator & hoses

I also recently picked up a brand new keyless entry remote. Previous owner did a fuel pump and water pump prior to selling to me.

I wanted to build a truck that looked good and could be driven anywhere without a AAA card in my wallet.

Truck is lowered 2/4 with Bell Tech spindles and Bell Tech drop leafs. (that's right, leafs, not hangers and shackles). Truck has been lowered for almost a year. While installing the lowering kit, I also changed the following;
    - inner and outer tie rods
    - pitman arm
    - idler arm
    - upper and lower ball joints
    - inner and outer bearings
    - front pads and rotors
    - all new shocks
    The upper control arms were notched for proper wheel alignment.

Truck currently sits on KMC XD 656 22" wheels, on 265/35 22's with good tread life left to the tires. It has 1.25" spacers to correct the offset.
    http://www.wheelfire.com/scontent/Wh...NEBLK&SKU=1921

Under the bed you'll find a set of Hornblasters horns. This isn't that 299.99 triple chrome garbage from eBay. This is a Hornblasters.com Shocker 540 kit also known as Conductor's Special Model 540 Train Horn Kit.
    http://www.hornblasters.com/products...train-horn-kit

The interior is pretty much just a stock gray interior. It has newer model sun visors and an Alpine CD head unit.

I may have forgotten a thing or 2 as I write this that I've done or changed.

The bad:

Check engine light is on and has been on for about 9 or 10 months. It's showing a code for low cat efficiency. I have a scanner, I can show you. Basically it's telling you the convertor isn't cleaning the smog as good as it should. It is not clogged and does not rattle. I have not had a loss in power or lost any fuel mileage per gallon. I have not changed the cats out only because I wasn't sure if I wanted to keep it stock or put headers & a performance exhaust under it.

There is also a crack in the dash. There is a place in Hollywood that sells a thin plastic dash cover that replicates a new dash. I was going to put this on before I decided to sell it.

The truck stops but it does need back brakes. Just the drums to be exact. I have a new set of shoes sitting in the garage. I didn't put them on only because the drums really show their age and are glazed pretty good.

The truck is also in need of paint. Other than a few small dings, the truck doesn't need body work. It has a bedliner in the bed, but you should know it's not a good one, it's pretty much done. I pulled all the ugly moldings and badges as you can see in the pictures and it also has a fiberglass roll pan.

It was a tough decision I fought back and forth with about selling this truck. It has come a long way and is a great start for someone to finish a nice truck. I'm asking $4500 for it as it sits.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-11-25 09.22.29.jpg 
Views:	484 
Size:	78.9 KB 
ID:	31470Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-11-25 09.23.11.jpg 
Views:	361 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	31471Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2010-11-25 09.22.14.jpg 
Views:	598 
Size:	78.6 KB 
ID:	31472
    Last edited by Partsguy198; 10-27-2011 at 11:40 AM.

Might have missed it, but how much you looking to get for it?
    Pavement sucks... :grrrrrr:

1994 K1500 4x4 Ext. Cab
    PCM chip and Xenon 8000k bulbs
    350cu.in bored over .050"
    balanced Crank, 10:1 compression
    Flat top pistons,cam,ported heads
    Option Racing Cold Air Intake
    Holley Throttle Body Spacer
    Accell Igition, 45kv coil
    FloTech Headers, no CATs, dual exhuast
    Goodyear Silent Armor A/T 305/70-16
    Pioneer SupertunerIII CD USB Bluetooth
    Kicker ZX200.2 ZX Amp
    Kicker Audio COMP 10" Subwoofer

Nope, you didn't miss it, I forgot to list it ... asking $4500 for it as it sits.

Where about is it or you located?

Any rust on the truck?

There is no rust on it, it is and always has been a Florida truck. Originally came from Okeechobee, currently resides in Broward county. Which is the Ft. Lauderdale area.

Truck is sold.