GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: issue of 4x4

Default issue of 4x4

Hello everyone!
    I found an interesting Chevi Tahoe in 1998 but I am worried about one thing when drives are turned on (4x4) on each gear change feels a tug at each gear ratio. I have a Suburban from 2001 and the 4x4 does not feel any jerks. Please advice. If my subject is founded in the wrong section please move thanks
    Piotr

Since you said it's jerking when the 4x4 is engaged it could be an issue with the transfer case, either that or the transmission. But since it's only when the 4wd is engaged, I'm leaning towards the transfer case being the culprit.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

owner repair the control panel transmission(I don't know to good write). In my Suburban is no such thing. It is this feeling that every race as it comes to feel it. Even as I stood in the place and turned on the 4x4 it was like to jerk. Maybe it's normal? I never had a tahoe or less than 2000 years suburbana why I ask.

The 4x4 selector module (on the dash to the left of the steering wheel) is notorious for going bad. Since you already replaced the switch from what I understand, try changing the fluid in the transfer case and see if that will solve the problem.