GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Exclamation 2000 gmc...dash lights wont work. instrument cluster and ac controls

I have a 2000 gmc. And the instrument cluster lights stopped working and so did the ac controls. All my warning lights work on my instrument panel and all my radio lights work. And my dimmer wheel works cause I can turn on my dome light. All the fuses are good. Does anyone have any ideas to what it could be or where to start looking?
    2000 GMC. 6 inch lift.. eagle alloy wheels w/ 315/75/16 firestone destination mt. flowmaster offroad 44. hypertech max energy 32000. BushWacker OEM style fender flares. Throttle body spacer. Tow mirrors

My 2003 Silverado 1500 has the same problem, I think there was a recall at one point for this issue.

Ya. It's irritating. I've tried everything. I was hoping I would get more replies. How long has yours been like that?
    2000 GMC. 6 inch lift.. eagle alloy wheels w/ 315/75/16 firestone destination mt. flowmaster offroad 44. hypertech max energy 32000. BushWacker OEM style fender flares. Throttle body spacer. Tow mirrors

Mine's been out since September, I was leaving work one morning and I couldn't see any of my gauges

Quote Originally Posted by thomurec View Post
    I have a 2000 gmc. And the instrument cluster lights stopped working and so did the ac controls. All my warning lights work on my instrument panel and all my radio lights work. And my dimmer wheel works cause I can turn on my dome light. All the fuses are good. Does anyone have any ideas to what it could be or where to start looking?
    Is it just the Lights in the Dash Cluster, that are Not Working??........are your Gauges still Working, with no problem's??

Quote Originally Posted by 03RedSilverado View Post
    My 2003 Silverado 1500 has the same problem, I think there was a recall at one point for this issue.
    G.M. Has a Special Coverage Adjustment, Not a Recall......on the 2003" to 2005" Truck and SUV's Dash Cluster......it is on the Stepper Motor's, for the Gauges that .....Go Out/Bad and need to be Replaced with New Stepper Motor's.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

All my gauges work, all of my small lights work like the; turn signals, cruise, seatbelt and others, just the gauge lights and A/C lights dont work