GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Default Well GM got me into a newer car finally! 2009 Saturn Aura XE

As the title says GM finally made a car that i would buy again. I was looking for a graduation gift for my wife from college and saw this sitting on the lot. As most longtime members know i am not a fan of any GM after 2004 because i felt the quality had gone so far down hill. So i found this one on a dealer lot. It is a 2009 Saturn Aura XE with the 2.4L 4cyl, and 6spd auto. The lines are great the color was nice, and is still has 10K left on the powertrain warranty and for $9K who could go wrong. it even had brand new tires. So i bought it and have been more than impressed with the power from the 4cyl motor and the 6spd is actually a sweet little tranny (if you have driven a double clutched gear box that is since in an auto it can be a little jerky). Heck it has all the options that we want, and i wasnt aware that they even came with the paddle shifters on the steering wheel. When i put it in manual i was impressed at how fast the shifts where for being a manumatic. The interior is a bit on the cheap side with all the plastic but what do you expect. Heck with 33mpg they have to save some weight somewhere. I will be getting some pics of it a bit later. but i just wanted to put up a review of the little monster and give you all a laugh since GM seems to have gotten me back at least in the car arena.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

my girlfriend use to have one, she said the hell with it and junked it at 289k, very reliable vehicle!

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3
    Factory Tint
    Recon Taillights
    2.5 ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    Low Profile Toolbox
    Westin Nerf Steps

Well hopefully GM can continue to impress you in the future and gain some more respect from us all!!
    Dave V. -- Riverside, California
    Owner of --
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.8Liter V8 engine 2WD w/Kenwood Double DIN CD/DVD Player
    1971 Chevrolet Chevelle 350ci V8 engine with 500+ horsepower (Still Under Construction)

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hotrodking86 View Post
    Well hopefully GM can continue to impress you in the future and gain some more respect from us all!!
    They got some back with the car, but the price was the biggest selling point as well as it having the options that we wanted. However after looking at the new trucks they still will not be getting my business sadly.
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

i used to have a 92 saturn. wasnt a bad little run around car.

head gasket went at 148k and i junked it. wasnt worth fixin.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend
    Blog Entries

Glad your happy with it, I think just like you as well Murdog. I stopped buying trucks back in 05, I don't like the NNBS trucks. I might look at the new colorado, BUT It looks ass ugly as well. Good luck with your new baby.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TRPLXL2 View Post
    Glad your happy with it, I think just like you as well Murdog. I stopped buying trucks back in 05, I don't like the NNBS trucks. I might look at the new colorado, BUT It looks ass ugly as well. Good luck with your new baby.
    HAHAHAH its the wifes.. im driving the Taurus now! woohoo LOL
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

bah, get a new car and she gets it? not fair...

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sierraowner5.3 View Post
    bah, get a new car and she gets it? not fair...

Alex
    That is how it goes! oh well. it was actually a graduation gift for her! oh and this isnt a saturn anymore (ive owned saturns) this thing is the chevy malibu with a tiny bit different sheet metal, and a Gm engine and tranny.. talk about lightyears of difference between my 1998 Saturn SC2 and this thing!
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4