GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Legend
    Blog Entries

Default Deer Season opener in MN, Who is hunting where in the other parts of the world?

Well I finally got my stand put up down on my land and ready for firearms Deer season opener here in Northern MN. I got lucky and am in an intensive harvest section allowing me to take up to 5 deer (1buck, and 4 does) So i spent a little time, and bought the stand to replace my rickody old stand. it is a command tower from Menards, it is 16ft and has a cover. it is also a tri pod which is nice since the front 40 is logged and getting the right view by tying off to a tree just doesnt do it. And i managed to get my rifle sighted in yesterday thanks heavens since it is illegal to shoot a deer rifle as if sundown last night. I put on a new scope and didnt have it boresighted sooo OOPS!

This is a view from a little bit of a distance it actually blends in ok.

And this is a closer view.

This is just another angle. And i am actually 3/4 of a mile from the house here but i put in a trail to get my truck that far. We have to use wheelers to get to the other 40 though since i havent had time to open the trail up enough.

I am on the top of a hill here, and can pretty much see everything around me pretty well. Now i am just hoping the fog doesnt roll in this year like it has for the last two years and made it virtually impossible to see more than 20yards.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

I've got indiana and kentucky tags so I've been out since september first. Took a shot at a nice doe yesterday morning but made a rookie mistake and my big jacket sleeve got caught on my bow string when I released! I was pretty mad but hopefully I'll get a shot at another next weekend! Can't wait for gun season so i can pick off a big buck across the field!

2006 Duramax LBZ
    Edge Evo
    4'' Diamond eye to 6'' tip
    16'' ion alloy, 33'' fierce attitudes
    Lots of work left to do!

i would but with work being the way it is plus having to drive forever to do it, i think im gonna pass this year.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Aww, poor little bambi doesn't know what he is in for. Lol
    Dave V. -- Riverside, California
    Owner of --
    2008 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4.8Liter V8 engine 2WD w/Kenwood Double DIN CD/DVD Player
    1971 Chevrolet Chevelle 350ci V8 engine with 500+ horsepower (Still Under Construction)

Legend
    Blog Entries

I like bambi!! tastes better LOL

You know I've never had venison, must be cause we can't hunt around here and I love my cattle meat too much.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Yeah sucks to be you! haha, no i love venison, and beef. But it isnt 100% about the meat the hunt is a blast as well.

Master Mechanic

Turkey Hunting this weekend in northern PA, and after Thanksgiving going deer hunting
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

I'm in the Air Force and don't get much time to hunt, but its my passion.....I love it!! Im heading home like I do every year in November to hunt me some monster Illinois white-tail!
    SrA Mason
    2011 Victory Red Chevy Silverado Crew Cab LT Z71
    Bone Stock
    1000Watt Sony amp
    2-10inch subs in custom box

Legend
    Blog Entries

Yep that is what we have here in MN, White Tail. ive got a 14pointer and a few 6-8s running around on the trail cameras... hoping to get a nice one this year.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by