GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Drivers Ed ~ when did you take it?

How did you learn to drive ? Ol' Dad started me by sitting in his lap in a 67 Impala wagon, then at 14 yrs old a 73 Impala driving a short distance to church. At 16 learned to shift gears on Big Red a med. duty Dodge truck , learned to float gears by watching and myself when Dad didn't hide the keys while out of town.

2012 Silverado

I used to plow snow with my uncle, at 2, in a 78 Dodge Warlock. Much later, I started working at a wrecker service, and cut my teeth on that fleet.
    I actually got scolded for driving the wrecker to driver's ed. I held up my radio and said, "but I'm on call!" The instructor slept alot when I drove...

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!

Well I always had a 4wheeler or go-cart to drive but driver ed, I bet I am the only one that got in a wreck in the driver ed's car but it wasnt my fault, I promise!!!
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

Quote Originally Posted by ChromeSilver02 View Post
    Well I always had a 4wheeler or go-cart to drive but driver ed, I bet I am the only one that got in a wreck in the driver ed's car but it wasnt my fault, I promise!!!
    My drivers ed way back when a girl drove into ditch , but have done my share of smashing stuff up over the years

I first started around 14 in my mom's 2004 Volvo wagon in a big parking lot, then I took driver's ed in a Ford Focus hatchback (not a bad little car) a few years later.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

took driver's ed back in the spring of 1990's. I was actually injured in a sports accident before I could get my license, but I got it in the fall of 1990.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Quote Originally Posted by KidHauler View Post
    I used to plow snow with my uncle, at 2, in a 78 Dodge Warlock. Much later, I started working at a wrecker service, and cut my teeth on that fleet.
    I actually got scolded for driving the wrecker to driver's ed. I held up my radio and said, "but I'm on call!" The instructor slept alot when I drove...
    You must be a good driver, a driver trainer at a trucking company told me I would never make a truck driver. Twenty years later have been all over the U.S and Canada in snow, ice, tornados and dust storms and driven just about everything from new Peterbilts to old R Model Macks with holes in the floor

I got kicked out of drivers Ed for smoking pot behind the smoker pit bleachers while waiting for the instructor to drive the course with another group of kids (what can I say it was the 70's everyone was doing it).
    I didnt get my license until I was 17 and in the Navy. The Ca. DMV said since I was an emancipated minor they would allow me to get a drivers license if I showed up to the DMV in full dress uniform with my Commanding Officer and Command Master Chief, when I got there with everyone in tow and started waiting in line they told me they were kidding about the uniform, C.O., and C.M.C., so my C.O. chewed me out in the middle of DMV for wasting his time, the License Examiner felt so bad about getting me chewed out he moved us to the head of the line and didnt make me take the written or driving test.
    As we were walking out of the DMV my C.O. turned to me and said chewing people out in the middle of a crowd like that always guarantees you head of the line privledges but thats the first time I ever saw them waive the test for it too.

^^^ "Navy invades local DMV. Film at eleven!"
    Ah, which of you drove to the office?

Why I did of course in a Goverment vehicle since I was the lowest ranking.
    But I'm sure the statue of limitations has run out on that by now, at least I hope it has.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by