GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Transmission Programming.

Greetings!
    I am looking to make small changes in the shift points on my 2011 Silverado 6.0 3500HD. Is there a programmer out there that can help me make those changes?

Jr. Apprentice

when I still had my old 2000 (which was automatic) before I bought my 2004 with a manual, i bought a plug in programmer from (??) Hypertech i think, via either Summit Racing or Jeg's high performance. Worked slick. I sold it to my brother when he bought the truck from me.

I took all the downshift points way up. I didn't like it downshifting to readily. it was OK (better than factory) but now I have the 5-speed so i can make my own decisions.

When will GM get their heads out of their $(*@() and re-introduce a manual trans option for the full size trucks again ?

Legend
    Blog Entries

Do you have the Alison transmission? Several guys at work had modified shift points on there alison transmissions, and they had major failures. If not then you are all good, I would buy a Trinity by Diablosport because it is also a live monitor.

Thanks for the replies folks.

Presently I don't believe my 2011 has the Allison Trans. There wasn't any documentation that came with the truck, nor does it have any of them fancy Alllison badges.

I have sent an e-mail to the Diablo Sport makers. They replied back that they don't have a unit that can change the shift points as I want to. Almost all of the other makers I investigated don't have much if, any options, for GM 6.0gas (G) motor coupled to the 6 speed transmission. I agree strongly with Johnny Hoss on the desire for a manual Trans in current GM models. Seems GM wants to build trucks that don't need drivers. They have resorted to building trucks that just need to be steered.