Stage 2 of this lengthy thread…
Click image for larger version. 

Name:	auto start parts.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	69.1 KB 
ID:	31742

The auto start. I chose to install the new viper 5904 auto start and security system with the HD screen. I have not added the smart start mod but I will in the near future. First of all I suggest setting the unit up on a table or tool box, secure it and prewire the entire system based on wire location and install style. Tape everything it will help it blend with the factory harnesses. Above all else, take your time! Do not rush, I have been doing these systems for 8 years and it still takes me two hours to do an auto start and security system on silverados (one of the easiest vehicles on the planet to do) looks are second only to functionality. The unit looks pretty messy in these pictures but it looks great under the dash, in fact, you cant even find it or the wiring if you looked. This is the one mile two way version and here is a list of wires I had to access for this unit.

GM Data wire- purple (located at the OBD 2)

Power- red wires at the ignition harness, I tape just below that where the wire length is abundant and makes it easier.

Ignition-there are two of them White and Pink, located in the same spot as power

Accessory- there are two of them, Brown and Orange, located with ignition

Starter- Yellow, located with Ignition harness. I do NOT use the starter kill system. It is too cold up here in Alaska and we run of the risk of electrical malfunctions and I want my truck to have the ability to start at ALL times even with the failure of the auto start system.

Brake wire-light blue, located in the harness next to the OBD 2 plug, you will find that you will end up routing your antenna, data wire and brake wire along this harness.

This is the wiring you will need if you end up using the module from xpress kits called DPKLGM

Name:	auto start parts 2.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	70.5 KB 
ID:	31743Click image for larger version. 

Name:	auto start 3.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	31744Click image for larger version. 

Name:	auto start 2.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	73.8 KB 
ID:	31745Click image for larger version. 

Name:	auto start 1.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	61.7 KB 
ID:	31746Click image for larger version. 

Name:	auto start remote.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	56.7 KB 
ID:	31747Click image for larger version. 

Name:	auto start wiring.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	74.1 KB 
ID:	31748

Stage 3...LED/HID conversion.

So here it is, the biggest problem with LED conversion is the are often not plug and play and the light imaging is often a very narrow angle.

The LEDs I used are from vision X and offer 120 degree angle for maximum lighting. They are the best LEDs I can find right now and considering my long standing relationship with Vision… I didn’t look too hard for better ones.

Here is how my conversion has turned out so far, I still havent finished, I ran out of rivet LEDs and when they get here I will finish the doors and park light switch.

Name:	truck 2.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	31749Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HID 1.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	61.0 KB 
ID:	31750Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steering 3.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	31751Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steering 2.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	31752Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steering 1.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	31753Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steering 5.jpg 
Views:	140 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	31754Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LED parts 3.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	31755Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cluster 1.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	48.0 KB 
ID:	31756Click image for larger version. 

Name:	climate control.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	31757Click image for larger version. 

Name:	truck 1.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	60.9 KB 
ID:	31758
Thanks for reading this thread and PM me with ANY question, suggestions or general comments!! Always anxious to hear other ideas or bounce ideas off fellow enthusiasts.