GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Cooper ST vs Bfgoodrich AT

If you have had them, I am curious on your opinion. Would you buy again? I am torn between the two. I know there are plenty of tire threads on here, but most of them have 20 different tires in them and these are really the only two top contenders. Kinda toyed with the idea of the STT Coopers as well.

I don't plow commercially the looks of the tire is a close second to performance.

05 1500, 4x4, 5.3, trailer package, G80.

Custom backup camera and double din dvd

Legend
    Blog Entries

I had a set of BFGoodrich on my 01' S10 that I loved, they had over 50,000 miles when I took them off and they still had tread left. right now my boyfriend and I both are running Cooper STT tires, and they are basically the same tire just a lot less cheaper price. I bought mine as factory 2nd's being that they had cosmetic blemish's, I got four 225/65/r15 for $280 out the door which made me happy. This will be the second season I have run them, and they still look like new. Both brands of tires have minimal road noise as compared to others, so I would recommend either or.

One side note: No matter what brand you buy if you don't keep them properly inflated, rotated, balanced, and aligned you will wear them out fast.

After the 1986 merger between B.F. Goodrich and Uniroyal, the new product line was bought by the French company, Michelin, in 1988. The company then merged with Rohr (1997), Coltec Industries, and TRW Aeronautical Systems (formerly Lucas Aerospace) in 2002. TRW then spun off its automotive group as TRW Automotive which had an IPO on the NYSE in 2004. TRW Automotive is headquartered in Michigan, USA.

I mention this because when BFG was part of a French-controlled company I refused to buy their tires since the French have been relatively unsupportive of US postures at the UN discussion table. (Why would I support the French with tax revenues via their companies if they don't use those tax revenues to support the USA?) However, BFG is (and has been) firmly under US control these days, so they're an option on my table.

Regardless of past corporate control they've always been made here in the USA.
    Last edited by SurrealOne; 11-28-2011 at 08:59 AM.