GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Front differential thrust washer

So, in the process of re-gearing my truck to 4.56, and i seemed to have lost my thrust washer on the passenger side axle flange. I have the locating washer, just not the thrust washer.

Thrust washer is the top washer.

My question is, i cannot find the thrust washer on any schematics online. Why is this? Did some come with one and some not?

Thanks
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Default Thrust Washer

Did you ever figure the thrust washer dilemma out? It's been a couple of years, I tore into my 2002 Sierra and I do not have the thicker thrust washer & the lower with the two flanges was damaged inside my passenger side axle. I went to GM dealer today they told me that the flanged washer had a lot of problems so they have revised it to only 1 piece. Once I get the part from the dealer I will take a picture of it for future reference for everyone.

You may not get an answer for a while -- as @ippielb's last login was 2/22/2013.

I did actually get a new thrust washer from wrecker and put it in. Hasn't given me any problems.