GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Leveling Question

Does one absolutely have to have your rig aligned after installing a ReadyLift leveling kit on a 2011 CC? Not doing bigger tires or anything, just want to get rid of the "low rider" look.... Also, I have heard of the rear "slouching" a bit after putting a 2.25" level kit in...could one (one the ReadyLift Kit anyway) NOT install the lower shim to make it a bit more level? Sorry for the questions, but don't want to do this twice...

Master Mechanic

I was told before you don't have too, but it can get out of alignment. Price of 4 new tires vs an alignment? Id go with an alignment.
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

1st answer, Yes you need to have it realigned.
    2nd answer, you need to be on a level surface and measure from the ground to the bottom of fender well opening. Then jack the front up to where it is level or where you want it and subtract the difference is the size leveling kit you need. My 2011 only needed a 2 inch kit. Hope this helps some.

I just installed the readlift leveling kit in my truck. I have an 09 1500 LTZ. I did the front kit first which made the truck look good, but had the pre-runner nose up stance. I went back and got the 3" block kit for the rear...Truck looked perfect after that.. I had an alignment done after the install of the new tires. After spending 1200 in new tires, its cheap insurance..
    I posted pics on here under the thread All-Terrain Tires for 20" wheels..

I'm doing the same exact thing right now, and you do have to realign it after the fact. I have an 03 the back stands at 12.1 and the front is at a staggering 10.6. I'm only picking up the front an inch and a half, anymore than that I heard could feel a tad less unstable.

2003 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3
    Factory Tint
    Recon Taillights
    2.5 ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    Low Profile Toolbox
    Westin Nerf Steps

JI have an 09 1500 Z71 LTZ as well. What is the best leveling kit out there and how much are they?? How much are the blocks for the rear??
    1977 K5 Blazer 4X4

Different GM trucks require different kit sizes depending on engine size (weight) and truck cap. (1500, 2500, 3500) To get a level look, don't go by the fender wells, they are different shape and sizes. Do jack up the front and use a level on the rail on the bed. I would still leave the back a little higher (1/2") just for loads that you may be putting in the bed.

@PearlWhiteLTZ could you please post some pictures... before and after if you have them. I am also looking at doing the Leveling kit and the 3" rear blocks. Then put some 20" KMC Rockstars (Black) with 33s Nitto Terra Grapplers on it. Thanks in advanced ....
    2004 Chevy Tahoe Z71 - Hunter Green (R.I.P.)
    2011 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 - Taupe Gray

Thanks everyone for your input. I have decided to go with the 1.5" ReadyLift 66-3080 kit and the rig looks perfect. I do not intend to go up with it anymore as i wanted to rid mysle f of the sever rake - nearly 2.10 - now it is down a manageable 1/2". Thanks to PearlWhiteLTZ for the hands on wisdom... PIctures soon to come as soon as i figure out how...