GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have a set of 880 silverstarts in my fog lights. I have HID's in my lows and highs, so i can't tell when i turn my fogs on hahaha, they are pretty white looking for a halogen bulb though. Not worth the $60 to me... I'd rather buy a cheap ebay HID instead.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Schaub View Post
    Buy a set of Xentec HID's for less than the silverstars and have waaaay better performance.
    I agree with the HID upgrade. I had Silverstar Ultras burn out shortly after the 1 year warranty expired. Did it on my explorer twice. I bought them for my Silverado but within the next 2 months I upgraded to HID's and haven't looked back since.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k8z71 View Post
    I agree with the HID upgrade. I had Silverstar Ultras burn out shortly after the 1 year warranty expired. Did it on my explorer twice. I bought them for my Silverado but within the next 2 months I upgraded to HID's and haven't looked back since.
    'Upgraded' to HIDs? If you produce more glare to oncoming drivers with HIDs in your stock lamp assemblies (which you undoubtedly do unless you did a HID retrofit using a HID projector) then it's not an upgrade, it's actually a downgrade ... in safety ... for others and you. You may be able to see better but the increased glare caused by placing cheap HIDs into a halogen lamp assembly means others can't see as well due to that glare. Hence the downgrade.

I'm not knocking your choice I'm just laying out the facts. So many people slap cheap HIDs into their vehicle to see better and forget the repercussions on others around them. We don't own the road, we share it... and if our actions negatively impact others even a bit ... we've been irresponsible.

Surreal

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12