GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: Tint or No Tint

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tint

    50 92.59%
  • No Tint

    4 7.41%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 29
  1. #11

    Default

    Go tint definatly


    2003 single cab stepside Chev 1500, 6" rough coutnry lift, 4' firestick cb whips, cobra ltd cb radio.
    Next mods: flowmaster 10series muffler and exhaust (in process)
    1.5" zone body lift
    315/70r16 cooper stt once the 305s wear out

    Sold-1996 Audi A4 lowered on H&R ultra low coils running 19" mercedes wheels, limo tint, borla exhaust
    New ride 96 VW jetta lowered 2.0l 5 spd

  2. #12

    Default

    In North Carolina, I have found it to be more a necessity than a style statement to have tinted windows. My truck had no tint. I was on the highway on a trip with mine and I felt like my neck was getting baked. I had the back window tinted with 5% to start with, but then I couldn't see out the back window, so I took it off and went with 20. I don't have any tint on the sides, but I may re-visit that at some point.

    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

    Check out my image gallery HERE.



    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

  3. #13

    Default

    Hey guys, sorry I have been away for alittle while but I did listen to your opinions and I did get tint. I went with 35 front and 15 back and I do love it. It is looks great and keeps the heat down inside

    Here is the link to the thread that shows how it looks: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...#axzz1uDEbwhUW
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

    02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik



  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moogvo View Post
    In North Carolina, I have found it to be more a necessity than a style statement to have tinted windows. My truck had no tint. I was on the highway on a trip with mine and I felt like my neck was getting baked. I had the back window tinted with 5% to start with, but then I couldn't see out the back window, so I took it off and went with 20. I don't have any tint on the sides, but I may re-visit that at some point.
    If you're doing the driver's window, passenger window, and/or front window then make sure you have an inspector in your pocket so you can pass your annual. And note that it's a felony offense for an inspector to accept compensation in any form to look the other way and/or pass you ... but it's completely non-criminal if an inspector does it out of the kindness of his/her heart. (LOL)

  5. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealOne View Post
    If you're doing the driver's window, passenger window, and/or front window then make sure you have an inspector in your pocket so you can pass your annual. And note that it's a felony offense for an inspector to accept compensation in any form to look the other way and/or pass you ... but it's completely non-criminal if an inspector does it out of the kindness of his/her heart. (LOL)
    I don't have to worry about that... The inspector in this town is a great friend... but he will fail his own mother's car on her birthday over a dirty turn signal lens.
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

    Check out my image gallery HERE.



    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

  6. #16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by moogvo View Post
    I don't have to worry about that... The inspector in this town is a great friend... but he will fail his own mother's car on her birthday over a dirty turn signal lens.
    LOL! That's priceless!

  7. #17

    Default

    20% tint, that's as dark as i'll go, i like to be able to see out my windows at night time.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

  8. #18

    Default

    amen to that!


    2003 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3
    Factory Tint
    Recon Taillights
    2.5 ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    Low Profile Toolbox
    Westin Nerf Steps

  9. #19

    Default

    I've never tinted My Suburban's frontal L&R side windows....would love to.
    I take a couple trips into rural SW New York State, every year, and they tag anyone with other than factory tint.
    Wish that My left and right side frontal, Suburban windows could have been factory tinted like My 2000 S-10 4X4 was.
    Johnny Law used to stop Me frequently for tint violations with that truck, and it sure broke their spirit to find out the factory made the glass look dark, yet it was marked 72% light transmission.
    Of course, 911 was a recent disaster back then, and the LEOs were quite antsy for a few years afterward.
    "I Hate When That Happens!"

  10. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ippielb View Post
    20% tint, that's as dark as i'll go, i like to be able to see out my windows at night time.
    Well 15% is not that bad, its about the same as 20% in the dark. But darker than 15% that is when ppl get into limo tint and that is where seeing at night is like you said.

    Quote Originally Posted by Psyc0 View Post
    I've never tinted My Suburban's frontal L&R side windows....would love to.
    I take a couple trips into rural SW New York State, every year, and they tag anyone with other than factory tint.
    Wish that My left and right side frontal, Suburban windows could have been factory tinted like My 2000 S-10 4X4 was.
    Johnny Law used to stop Me frequently for tint violations with that truck, and it sure broke their spirit to find out the factory made the glass look dark, yet it was marked 72% light transmission.
    Of course, 911 was a recent disaster back then, and the LEOs were quite antsy for a few years afterward.
    My tint is legal in NC, if it wasnt around here there is only one town that actually cares about dark tint on vehicles. But I can understand why the police was a pain up where you were. But like you said, if you get caught its a pretty penny to pay but that is how the system earn their money.
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

    02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik



Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Tint Question- Tint Brands
    By Vincennes02261897 in forum Chevy Truck Accessories
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-08-2013, 11:50 PM
  2. Window tint
    By 99ChevyZ71 in forum Chevy Truck Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-25-2010, 03:08 PM
  3. tint
    By seffieldvillage@aol.com in forum General Chevy & GM Tech Questions
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2009, 01:55 PM
  4. Tint recommendations?
    By skipray in forum Chevy Truck Accessories
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-07-2009, 08:16 PM
  5. Horrible tint job
    By kgibson181 in forum Chevy Truck Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-06-2009, 11:45 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •