GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

View Poll Results: Tint or No Tint

Voters
54. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tint

50 92.59%
  • No Tint

4 7.41%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Jr. Apprentice

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	085.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	39693

The beast with front tints to match the back. Sure glad we don't have yearly vehicle inspections were I live. Don't mind the haunted white outbuilding in the backround, its coming down this summer and in its place will be a nice 3 bay shop with a mother-in-law living area above it. Will be so nice to have the extra room, every square inch of my current garage is used in the winter. Suburban, Acura RSX, Polaris 3-person jetski, and a John Deere X-300 reside there. I have 3" of clearance from the front of the suburban and the garage door, it is quite the complex parking job every time. A little better in the summer when the jetski is at the lake and out of the garage. A shop will be priceless!!

Ok, do a thread of tear down and build up. see crawddady's thread for inspiration
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

I just ordered 20% for the front door windows and 5% for the rear door windows and rear windows for the Phantom. Our annual inspections does not require that window tint be legal as long as the window "works". But Im sure that I will get pulled over because Im sure 20% is way to dark for NY but If you wanna play ya gotta pay.

2011 Silverado CrewCab 5.3L*Ram Air Look Cowl Induction Reflexxion Hood*6" Pro Comp Lift*Flowmaster Dual exhaust*Perfect Launch Rear Diff. Cover*Led Smoke Taillights*L.E.D.Smoke 3rd Brakelight*60" L.E.D. Tailgate Bar*Rearview Mirror Reverse Camera and Sensors*Smoke Headlight Covers*Front Bumper Grill Insert*Deezee Black Alum. Diamond Rail covers*20" Ultra Motorsports Rims wrapped with 35.5"B.F. Goodrich Tires*Inchannel Raingaurds*CAI*Bullydog GT Tuner*Alpine Amp*Boss 6x9's*Boston Acoustic Subs*Terrantula Tweeters*Custom Sub box*Red Led Interior Accents*5% Ultimacool duo tint rear window and doors, 20% front doors*Custom Vinyl Graphics*Demolded*Debadged*Painted drums and calipers*
    Future Mods Include: Custom Interior Hydrographics, Electronic Rollup Toneau Cover, 4.56 Gears, Painted rear bumper

i could never not have tint ever again, i went from 5% to 20% on front windows and today in fact i just changed back to 5% on all windows. I love it
    2009 Silverado 1500 LT
    -6" Rough Country lift, 20" incubus recoils, 35 x 12.50 Nitto Trail Grapplers, RBP Side steps, Frontier fron replacement bumper(kindoff pre runner style), pioneer 7" double din, pioneer door speakers, 4.10 gears, K&N CAI

I did mine myself... Installed 35%. With35% you can still see the occupants inside... And so far I haven't been harrassed by the local police. Order quality tint and it will hold up longer... You can also get pre-cut for your vehicle. The key to putting it on is a baby shampoo mixture with the water and a hair drier.
    2009 Chevy Silverado 2500HDLT 6.0L w/ Towing Package, Dick Cepek GM8 Rims, Dick Cepek FC II 33X11.50R17,RKSport Ram-Air Hood(Functional), Lazer Lite Aluminum Tonneau Cover, Road Armor Stealth Bumper, PIAA Lighting, Diablo Trinity Tuner, Diablew Custom Tune, BullyDog Cold Air Intake, American Racing Headers w/highflow cats, Corsa Performance Sport Exhaust, Custom Striping, Black Bowties front and rear, Fuel Grille Inserts, Recon Headlights, Readylift Shocks, Readylift Upper Contol Arms, 2" Blocks in the Rear..

Future Plans: HD Tie Rods, Under hood upgrades, Crower Camshaft and possibly electric fans.

I don't like it and I think I don't need it, so the answer is no.

I'm a fan of tint myself. It's one of the cheapest easiest adds to a vehicle to change the look. If that's something one is in to, then that's the place to start. If you've never had tint before, it'll take a few days to get used to seeing, especially at night, depending on how dark you go. Once you are used to it, though, you'll probably never go without tint. That is, of course, if the tint job was done right. I never noticed the inner temperature being any cooler to notice it, but I'm sure there's a difference. It probably has a big different on leather seat, however. This is my first vehicle with leather seats. I have never been a leather seat fan, but since I never had them before, I really can't say for sure how I like them. Happy truckin'!!!
    1998 Chevy Suburban LT - K1500 5.7L - 4x4

I love my factory tint on the Tahoe. you can't even see in the rear windows. State laws are strict in CT so no intention to add more tint.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-09-30_18-15-10_657.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	49649

1996 Chevy Tahoe LT 5.7L V8 4X4 205,000+ miles. Built proudly at Janesville Assembly in Janesville, Wisconsin
    Basic mods: Lights all over, bunch of electrical work, and a couple cooling mods.

Check out my other mods in My Garage: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...t-Tahoe-4-Door

I think tint looks good on any vehicle - the darker the better. And, if you have other exterior mods, even more better.
    Clint (TX) 2001 Silverado LS 4.8L auto 2wd ECSB [GARAGE]
    Gasoline or gunpowder: If you ain't burning one, you ain't having fun!
    NRA Endowment Member 5 24 48 88 - Hendrick Motorsports FTW!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123