GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Question What are the best replacement wiper blades?

What are other people using? I've been using trico neoform beam blades for years and they're awesome. Anyway, before I go out and buy more neoforms, was wondering if there was anything brand new out there that are notable? I gotta buy new wipers for all 4 vehicles before winter!!
    First Time Caller, Long Time Listener, Great Topic...Love The Show
    :lol:

I have tried all the fancy wiper blades and found the cheap Walmart Anco's work just as well and I can replace them twice a year and still save money. Now I don't live up north where you have the winter weather.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Legend
    Blog Entries

I use either Bosch or rain x wipers, usually get two years out of either set I buy.

For my money, I go with Bosch Icon's.. I fell in love with my first set, and now i put them on every car i own/drive.
    1998 BMW M3 - Alot of Euro Parts
    1986 BMW 535 - Not so many euro parts
    1994 Burban - Need to Mod it.

Highly recommend rain x blades. They work AMAZING! lol one problem tho :/ they didn't seem to clip on too good. they came off maybe once a month or so and i would have to clip them back on. i hope that they've fixed this problem by now. otherwise great product

Quote Originally Posted by Bowtie Man View Post
    Highly recommend rain x blades. They work AMAZING! lol one problem tho :/ they didn't seem to clip on too good. they came off maybe once a month or so and i would have to clip them back on. i hope that they've fixed this problem by now. otherwise great product
    Are you kidding me??? If I had a wiper that came off occasionally, I'd drive to their company and shove it down their throat!! I actually tried rainx latitudes and they had poor contact (the attachment did seem cheesy too). Tried icons and they are good but expensive. Switched from icons to neoforms a few years back and I actually think the neoforms are slightly better at a lower cost. I was mainly curious to see if anything brand new has come out in the last year or so but it sounds like the same options. I'm probably purchasing in a week or so - I'll keep watching for new options but if not, it sounds like I may stick with the neoforms since they've worked great.

Yeah, I've put rainX and goodyear wipers on my last few cars and been happy.
    I like you.

I usually use Bosch or RainX from Walmart.

Quote Originally Posted by janikphoto View Post
    Yeah, I've put rainX and goodyear wipers on my last few cars and been happy.
    So far these are all options I've researched but thanks everyone. I was hoping to hear about some new brand or model that came out this year and is blowing peoples' minds or something. I've still got a week or so before I purchase so we'll see... At this point though I think I'm going to stick with the neoforms...we'll see.

By the way, if you like rain-x, you'll really like aquapel. Its the stuff professional detailers use. Nice thing is that each application lasts 6 months so you only have to do it twice a year. It looks expensive at first but if you do the math on 4-6 months, its actually relatively cheap.
    Last edited by jeff618; 10-31-2011 at 08:14 AM.

I use Bosch Icons. They are very good, and are frameless. For the longest time it irritated me that I couldn't just find blade refills. But I guess too many people have a hard time installing the refills. Most of the places around here don't stock them.

Icons are kind of expensive, but you do find them on sale if you keep an eye out.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by