GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 Last Post byLast Post by
Results 21 to 30 of 47
  1. #21

    Default

    Wow Guys....I only get like an average of 14.1, but my truck is new and only have like 2600 miles on it so the engine is still breaking in. And that is with 33in tires on it, no level kit. My old 08 used to get about the same with 33s and a level kit on it with performance mode super chip on running 93 octane.
    Adam
    11 Silverado Summit White Ext. Cab 5.3L Z71 9k miles
    RC leveling kit
    Jason fiberglass tonneau cover
    Penda-liner
    Superchips 91 octane tune
    Front air dam removed
    6,000k lowbeams 6,000k fogs
    color match bowties
    color match mudflaps
    20% tint all the way around
    20% tinted 6in sunshade
    Nitto terra grappler 275/70r17 (winter setup)
    Chevy 22s with Bridgestone Alenza 285/45r22 (summer setup)
    Kenwood DNX6180 indash


  2. #22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrownPats420 View Post
    why do people insist on putting in 80 psi all the time, come on now
    This, and why do people buy a big truck, put bigger tires on it and then piss and moan about gas mileage. If you want better mileage put the stock tires on, if you want it to look "tough" you have to make sacrifices.
    Adam


  3. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    this, and why do people buy a big truck, put bigger tires on it and then piss and moan about gas mileage. If you want better mileage put the stock tires on, if you want it to look "tough" you have to make sacrifices.

    t h i s !!!

    ________2013 4C Rated__________


  4. #24

    Default

    meh...if people want to try to improve it its there business. Yah it dont make sense but whatever

  5. #25

    Default

    It's one thing to try and imporve stock, but when you have plus sized wheels and tires it seems a bit pointless.

    You have to pay to play.

  6. #26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adampaul1964 View Post
    This, and why do people buy a big truck, put bigger tires on it and then piss and moan about gas mileage. If you want better mileage put the stock tires on, if you want it to look "tough" you have to make sacrifices.

    Excuse the hell outta me for thinking it should get better. My 2001 1500 4x4 with a 4 spd tranny and 33's got 16 mpg. A brand new truck, with 6 gears and drops to four cylinders with 285's on it get the same to a little worse mileage???
    "Come on now"

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    Excuse the hell outta me for thinking it should get better. My 2001 1500 4x4 with a 4 spd tranny and 33's got 16 mpg. A brand new truck, with 6 gears and drops to four cylinders with 285's on it get the same to a little worse mileage???
    "Come on now"
    Did you get it with 3.08 gears? Might have a lot to do with it.

  8. #28
    Sr. Apprentice LURCH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    North East Tn.
    Posts
    72

    Default

    My 2011 5.3, 6 sp auto with 3.42 gears, just under 3K on the miles. I buy the same gas every time before leveling and 285's I was getting around 13.5 and after the 285's I get around 15.5 this is around town only. It seems like if I putt around I get less mpg than I do if I drive it a little harder. I run about 48psi in the tires and have the new inTune just to fix the speedo. I will tune it later but just got everything done and have not taken the time to do it yet.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rod Run 2010, Keith's Challenger, Parts 065.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	34812

  9. #29

    Default

    Running them under inflated (ie, 40 psi on tire rated for 60-80 psi) they will wear prematurely along the edges and may cause the tires to overheat and blow out. Ford learned this the hard way in the Firestone/Explorer debacle. If you over inflate them significantly beyond the vehicle rating, you change the handling dynamics of the vehicle. Another lesson Ford learned. Of course they already knew this and that is why they recommended underflation to begin with. They foolishly believed it cheaper to defend a few law suits rather than redesign the Explorer suspension. I run at 65, but whatever floats your boat.


    2003 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3
    Factory Tint
    Recon Taillights
    2.5 ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    Low Profile Toolbox
    Westin Nerf Steps

  10. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    Did you get it with 3.08 gears? Might have a lot to do with it.
    yes it has 308 gears

    ---------- Post added at 06:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by BrownPats420 View Post
    Running them under inflated (ie, 40 psi on tire rated for 60-80 psi) they will wear prematurely along the edges and may cause the tires to overheat and blow out. Ford learned this the hard way in the Firestone/Explorer debacle. If you over inflate them significantly beyond the vehicle rating, you change the handling dynamics of the vehicle. Another lesson Ford learned. Of course they already knew this and that is why they recommended underflation to begin with. They foolishly believed it cheaper to defend a few law suits rather than redesign the Explorer suspension. I run at 65, but whatever floats your boat.
    I was always told (right or wrong) to run the tire as close to the psi on the tire. I have never done this until this vehicle. My brother in law had nitto t/g and ran 80 in them and got 65000 out of them. I have mine at 70 and the ride isnt that bad. It did ride better at 45psi though...

Similar Threads

  1. Leveling out a new body style 07 GMC
    By stumpman in forum Lifted & Offroad Suspension
    Replies: 4
    Last: 08-13-2011, 03:59 PM
  2. New Suburban Body Style
    By gemquality in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last: 06-23-2010, 11:23 PM
  3. body style question
    By blacknight97 in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)
    Replies: 3
    Last: 02-22-2010, 08:39 AM
  4. New Body Style Bow Tie : Want Black Bow Tie
    By sharps 2008 silverado in forum Chevy Truck Accessories
    Replies: 11
    Last: 05-04-2009, 12:58 PM
  5. New body Style headlights
    By 1st Synthetics in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)
    Replies: 8
    Last: 02-28-2009, 07:55 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •