GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

3.08 + 33's = crappy mpg. Get you some 3.73's and save your money on CAI and programers and call it a day.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Hmm... Give 3mpg for leveled Z71 with 33's?!? Maybe I will stick with 275/70/17 nittos... LOL
    Jonathan - La Vernia, TX
    07 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 LTZ

Quote Originally Posted by TxLTZz71 View Post
    Hmm... Give 3mpg for leveled Z71 with 33's?!? Maybe I will stick with 275/70/17 nittos... LOL
    What is your current mpg with the 32's?

Man, all these NBS pickups getting TERRIBLE mpgs is blowing my mind.. In town i get 16-17.. hwy is anywhere from 19-22, depending on which way im goin. (this is an actual personal calculation, as my truck doesn't have the DIC) And I'm pretty good at math haha. I have the 5spd w/ AFM.

"If you're not living life on the edge, You're taking up too much space"

"Truck Norris"
    - 2008 TX Edition Silverado
    - McGaughy's 4/5 Drop Kit
    - Apline Type R 10s & Amp
    - Pioneer 6 Disc Touchscreen Deck
    - Nightmare Breed Motorsports custom tune
    - Custom 3" dual exhaust through x-pipe dumped at axle
    - Airaid CAI
    - Badges and molding removed, roll pan, Truxedo roll-up cover (compliments of GMTC!), 3pc billet grille, factory fogs upgrade
    "Kristine" - 1991 Nissan 240sx
    - Cut to pieces, LS build pending

Jr. Mechanic

My truck doesnt have a DIC either so I do my gas mileage manually every time i fill up as well. I was only getting 14 around the city when everything was stock. Once I installed the leveling kit It dropped slightly, then I removed the front air dam below the bumper and wow my mileage dropped by nearly 2mpg. Then I installed 22" rims with 305/45 Nitto Dune Grapplers and it dropped slightly again. So around the city I was getting 11-12mpg. it was running me $85 every 4-5 days -_- I installed a Bully Dog Triple Dog GT near the end of January and I'm back up to 14-15mpg thankfully. Plus I was able to recalibrate the speedometer so everything was running correctly. That programmer was by far the best investment ever made. Not only am I getting better gas mileage, but I can tap the gas and she takes off like a rocket. I rarely ever drive strictly highway so I couldnt tell you what I get highway mpg, but last summer i drove to the OBX and was getting 16-17 so I'm assuming I'd be getting around 18-20 now.
    2010 Red Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LT
    Blacked Out
    15% Tint all around
    22" KMC Slide Series Black Chrome Rims
    305/45/22R Nitto Dune Grappler Tires
    ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    K&N CAI
    IPCW Black Halo Projector LED Headlights
    IPCW Black Third brake Light
    IPCW Black LED Taillights
    Street Scene Front Bumper Valance
    Street Scene Black Chrome Grille
    Black Bowties
    Magnaflow Dual Exhaust
    Alpine Touchscreen Headunit
    4 Kicker RS Componet Speakers
    Kicker 12" L7 subwoofer w/ Kicker ZX1500.1 Amplifier

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    3.08 + 33's = crappy mpg. Get you some 3.73's and save your money on CAI and programers and call it a day.
    Bought me a hypertech tuner, downloaded program on pc the installed it on the tool. hooked it up to truck and followed prompts and PRESTO, Shift points are better and so is the MILEAGE. Im at 358 miles right now and just hit a 1/4 tank (3/4 gas used) That is where my low fuel light would come on! I hope to see 430 miles outta this tank. which will put me around 17-18 MPG highway. I am excited! 17-18 MPG isnt bad with 285 nittos....

Originally Posted by ajarman

Read more: http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...#ixzz1wLYVVp00
    Quote Originally Posted by undertheradar View Post
    Bought me a hypertech tuner, downloaded program on pc the installed it on the tool. hooked it up to truck and followed prompts and PRESTO, Shift points are better and so is the MILEAGE. Im at 358 miles right now and just hit a 1/4 tank (3/4 gas used) That is where my low fuel light would come on! I hope to see 430 miles outta this tank. which will put me around 17-18 MPG highway. I am excited! 17-18 MPG isnt bad with 285 nittos....
    Well, this morning on the way to work at 440 miles, the low fuel light popped on. I'll follow up tonight or tomorrow with the exact #'s. I have to fill up when I leave work this afternoon.

Ok... here are the numbers. 445.5 miles and 23.704 gallons of gas = 18.794 MPG. 95% of this was flat highway driving. Not too shabby. Thanks Hypertech Max Energy.

That's awesome. Definitely need a tuner soon.

2011 GMC SIERRA CREW CAB 2WD W/5.3

Convenience Package
    : Adjustable Pedals, Remote Start, Electric Rear Window Defogger, Rear Parking Assist

Power Tech. Package| Volant CAI| GMC Upgraded Grill| Line-X Premium Bedliner| AVS Smoke Headlight Covers| Demolded| AMI Black Grill Emblem| AMI Black Rear Emblem| EGR In-Channel Window Visors| IPCW Third Brake Light| IPCW LED Fiber Optic Tail Lights| IJDM Dome & License Plate LED's| Flowmaster Exhaust W/ 3" Black Chrome Tips| OEM 20" Rims W/ Goodyear Eagle LS2

You can't get away from the STORM!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast