GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

My 5.3 Sierra is leveled and I always get about 14.4-14.5 MPG (All city driving.) This is with a steady balance between a heavy and light foot. Could be better, could be worse.
    09 Sierra SLT
    - Denali grille, black HALO headlights, smoked tails & brake light, 20% tint, Carbon fiber interior
    - Top Gun Customz 2.5" leveling kit, 305/55/20 Toyo Open Country AT's on GMC 20's
    - K&N 77 series cold air intake, Flowmaster super 10 series exhaust
    Next up: Smoked fog lights

2000 Silverado Z71
    - 4" body lift, 315/65/16 Mastercraft Courser AT2 tires
    - Stainless steel Excalibur catback exhaust
    - Lots more to come!

Well i have 285/45/22 tires with a leveling kit and im getting 14.7 average with 9k miles on the truck
    Adam
    11 Silverado Summit White Ext. Cab 5.3L Z71 9k miles
    RC leveling kit
    Jason fiberglass tonneau cover
    Penda-liner
    Superchips 91 octane tune
    Front air dam removed
    6,000k lowbeams 6,000k fogs
    color match bowties
    color match mudflaps
    20% tint all the way around
    20% tinted 6in sunshade
    Nitto terra grappler 275/70r17 (winter setup)
    Chevy 22s with Bridgestone Alenza 285/45r22 (summer setup)
    Kenwood DNX6180 indash

Quote Originally Posted by lquattro04 View Post
    My truck doesnt have a DIC either so I do my gas mileage manually every time i fill up as well. I was only getting 14 around the city when everything was stock. Once I installed the leveling kit It dropped slightly, then I removed the front air dam below the bumper and wow my mileage dropped by nearly 2mpg. Then I installed 22" rims with 305/45 Nitto Dune Grapplers and it dropped slightly again. So around the city I was getting 11-12mpg. it was running me $85 every 4-5 days -_- I installed a Bully Dog Triple Dog GT near the end of January and I'm back up to 14-15mpg thankfully. Plus I was able to recalibrate the speedometer so everything was running correctly. That programmer was by far the best investment ever made. Not only am I getting better gas mileage, but I can tap the gas and she takes off like a rocket. I rarely ever drive strictly highway so I couldnt tell you what I get highway mpg, but last summer i drove to the OBX and was getting 16-17 so I'm assuming I'd be getting around 18-20 now.
    when you changed the tires you changed the ratio. even though you were checking it yourself and not relying on the DIC to do it for you you probably still didn't taker into consideration your speedo was off so that puts your mileage off when you check it. you would have to find out the percentage your new tires thru off your calibration and throw that into the equation. with you programmer you prolly didnt gain that much due to it just re calibrating everything to make it easier for you to calculate.
    Lawrence Lee,United States Navy, Engineering.
    2008 Silverado CC. Z71 4x4. leveling kit on with exhaust hopefully putting on soon

oh and tread wear also depends on rim width. if you run it on a proper rim on one to skinny or wide, weight of truck driving habits/style and so on... pressure on the sidewall isnt always the best but i normally run that 90% of what it recommends. you just have to play with your PSI and write it down or remember it if you have a good memory. every truck and tire/rim combo are different. you have to figure that on your own don't go by word of mouth on that.
    Lawrence Lee,United States Navy, Engineering.
    2008 Silverado CC. Z71 4x4. leveling kit on with exhaust hopefully putting on soon

Jr. Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by larryleeUSN View Post
    when you changed the tires you changed the ratio. even though you were checking it yourself and not relying on the DIC to do it for you you probably still didn't taker into consideration your speedo was off so that puts your mileage off when you check it. you would have to find out the percentage your new tires thru off your calibration and throw that into the equation. with you programmer you prolly didnt gain that much due to it just re calibrating everything to make it easier for you to calculate.
    Yes, I know. I always do the calculation for the bigger tires when checking mpg. I used a calculator online to find the speed difference. It said that when my speedo read 65 I was actually going 67 so I use this formula: ( (67/65) x mileage) / gallons = mpg

I actually just came back from OBX again and averaged 17-18 mpg down and back. I still get approx. 15 mpg around town, sometimes a little less if I have a lead foot that week lol.
    2010 Red Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LT
    Blacked Out
    15% Tint all around
    22" KMC Slide Series Black Chrome Rims
    305/45/22R Nitto Dune Grappler Tires
    ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    K&N CAI
    IPCW Black Halo Projector LED Headlights
    IPCW Black Third brake Light
    IPCW Black LED Taillights
    Street Scene Front Bumper Valance
    Street Scene Black Chrome Grille
    Black Bowties
    Magnaflow Dual Exhaust
    Alpine Touchscreen Headunit
    4 Kicker RS Componet Speakers
    Kicker 12" L7 subwoofer w/ Kicker ZX1500.1 Amplifier

I get just under 15 with 305/60/18 cooper stts, cai,free flow exhaust, and diablo 93 tune. Afm was also off
    2009 chevy 1500 z71 4x4
    2.5 ccm level,2.5 inch rear blocks 305/60/18 coopers stt,Debadged,10 series flow w/dual exit in front or right rear tire, KN CAI, diablo InTune, 18% tint all the way around ,spec-d euro headlights with black housings,winjet smoke LED tail lights,putco LED third brake light smoked, fab fours front bumper with 10k warn winch, RK sports ram air hood
    1965 c10 swb, zz4 350 with the hot cam and fast burn heads and a 780 Holley on top, richmond super street 5 speed,restorod

Jr. Mechanic

I probably should've mentioned that I also run the performance setting which requires 93 octane. My tires are 305/45/22
    2010 Red Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LT
    Blacked Out
    15% Tint all around
    22" KMC Slide Series Black Chrome Rims
    305/45/22R Nitto Dune Grappler Tires
    ReadyLift Leveling Kit
    K&N CAI
    IPCW Black Halo Projector LED Headlights
    IPCW Black Third brake Light
    IPCW Black LED Taillights
    Street Scene Front Bumper Valance
    Street Scene Black Chrome Grille