GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: New headlights

Default New headlights

Hit a pheasant and busted out a headlight so I figured it would be a good time to upgrade. So far I am very happy with them and have had lots of people stop and ask me about them. These are made by Spyder and so far the only thing I dont like is that the high beams aren't quite as good as the old ones were but I am going to put some new bulbs in as well as get the foglights wired up so they stay on which will help a lot.

I am also looking for opinions on what to do with my grille. The chrome is peeling in one spot (rather pathetic for a 3 year old pickup....) and I am sure its going to worsen. Right now I am looking at a black grille out of a WT but am worried that would be way to much black and would look like a hole. I am trying to find some way to get around using chrome, stainless steel is fine but the quality of chrome makes me want to eliminate it from my pickup.

Austin

2008 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab

Spray in bedliner, Coverking seat covers, Bushwhacker bed caps, Lund bug guard, Husky splash guards, Weathertech floormats, rear wheel well liners, toolbox, Raptor Series running boards

Soon to be attending Kettering University

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Looks nice.. Billet grill is next...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche
    Looks nice.. Billet grill is next...
    That was my thoughts at one time but I need an entire grille replacement due to the chrome issues. Any brands of full replacements that aren't outrageously priced??

2008 Silverado Z71 Crew Cab

Spray in bedliner, Coverking seat covers, Bushwhacker bed caps, Lund bug guard, Husky splash guards, Weathertech floormats, rear wheel well liners, toolbox, Raptor Series running boards

Soon to be attending Kettering University

Hey @stewart7225 there are a bunch of grilles that you can get for an entire range of prices from cheap to expensive. Just depends on what you're looking for.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

looking good

2005 Silverado SS
    Color matched AEM CAI,Magnaflow mufflers,cat delete,true dual 2.75" stainless mandrel bent exhaust,Circle D 300K stall,Transgo shift kit,Corvette servos,Detroit Tru-trac,SLP 160* T-stat,Taylor 10.4mm red wires,Comp cams 228R,903 springs,12" cross drilled and slotted rotors,WHEATLEY tuned!!!! Boss 313 22X9.5,Toyo proxes II 305/45/22,

Sr. Apprentice

I like the mono look so that would be a white grille to match the truck. Chrome plastic just does not hold up very well replaced a lot as a svc mgr