GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Just bought a 2011 Traverse

Well, my wife and I just bought a 2011 Chevy Traverse yesterday. It will be her vehicle to haul the kids around. The decision was between the Traverse and the Honda Pilot. But the Pilot did not have the cargo room behind the third row seats like the Traverse, and plus its not a Chevy. Anyway, we love it, just waiting for snow to come down so we can really see the advantage of the AWD.

Jared:glasses:
    2003 Bi-Fuel 2500HD CNG/Gasoline (equivalent 40 MPG)
    2003 Bi-Fuel Cavalier CNG/Gasoline (equivalent 90 MPG)
    2011 Traverse

Good luck with your wifes new Taxi!!
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Welcome to the site! Let's see some pics.

The Traverse is an incredible world-class vehicle, I had never been so shocked at the handling of a vehicle than when I went from driving a Tahoe to a Traverse back-to-back and took a corner kinda fast. I expected to feel that big lumbering body-roll, but none-of-it, pushed me back in my seat and I took it like I was on rails.

Just a great vehicle. What color did you end up with?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Welcome to the site! Let's see some pics.

The Traverse is an incredible world-class vehicle, I had never been so shocked at the handling of a vehicle than when I went from driving a Tahoe to a Traverse back-to-back and took a corner kinda fast. I expected to feel that big lumbering body-roll, but none-of-it, pushed me back in my seat and I took it like I was on rails.

Just a great vehicle. What color did you end up with?
    It is silver. It is the LT1 model. We are not fans of all the accessories - just power locks, windows, and mirrors that's all we need. It does have heated cloth seats (how strange is that?). I will post pics later tonight.

That's awesome. I hope you jump into some of the CNG threads in the fuel forum on this site, would love to get some real-world feedback as people are starting to look at CNG again now that gas prices are getting high again.

Default Pics of Traverse

Here are the pictures of the 2011 Traverse.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4471 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	77.4 KB 
ID:	31946 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN4473 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	60.0 KB 
ID:	31947

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    That's awesome. I hope you jump into some of the CNG threads in the fuel forum on this site, would love to get some real-world feedback as people are starting to look at CNG again now that gas prices are getting high again.
    Steve,

I know this is not the place, but since you brought up CNG. I have been driving a Natural Gas Vehicle (NGV) for over 4 years now. I started with a 2001 Chevy Cavalier and now I have a 2003 Cavalier and a 2003 Silverado (both bi-fuel). I have saved well over $6,000 in fuel costs because CNG is about 3 times cheaper than gasoline. I have searched these forums for all discussions on CNG and while there are some, there is only a few. Good news is Chevy is listening. They are offering vans now that are CNG and starting in 2013, they will offer Silverados with CNG.