GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Thanks to all Military and Veterans

On this day 11-11-11, I want to personally thank all you veterans out there for all your service to keep us free. While times are rough, at the current moment, I don't believe I would want to live in any other country . Well.......except maybe Fiji.
    On this Veterans day be it known that some of us US citizens truly appreciate your sacrifices to defend this Great Nation.

You can see I trained all these smiley guys well. Like our troops.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

thank you coach. its at times rare to here anyone thank us in all branches for what we do. its people like you that truelly help us carry on knowing that someone realizes and are thankful for what we really do for this great country. to all of the civilians that support us i salute you. to those that dont well iran needs test subjects for there new nukes.
    94 sub 6inch lift 34inch bfg mt. massive rework project soon. the audio system hit 150.3db so now its time to rebuild and try for 155db. mudpuppy is also getting a new engine, rebuilt ifs, dual 500amp 15.1vdc alts, 5 5,000amp batts, ant the combined wattage with the new system should be close to 15,000watts. this is going to be a wild ride boy and girls.

Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    thank you coach. its at times rare to here anyone thank us in all branches for what we do. its people like you that truelly help us carry on knowing that someone realizes and are thankful for what we really do for this great country. to all of the civilians that support us i salute you. to those that dont well iran needs test subjects for there new nukes.
    as they say "Love it or Leave it"

I've had more people thank me in the past few weeks than in 30 years, being a Viet Nam vet. This new crop of vet's deserve evry bit of Thanks they get because they are ALL putting it ALL on the Line! Thanks for your Service!!!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Default Veteran's Day

Thank you as well, just spent quite a few days in the airport on my way back to Afghanistan and there were so many people that smiled and said thanks. Definitely a lot better than what some of our Vietnam Vets had to deal with...Hats off to all military past and present!

2007 Silverado 1500 LT Ext Cab 4.8l, 2007 Suzuki XL-7, 2012 H-D Sportster "Seventy-Two"

Feeling the love! Its people like yall that made me smile sitting in airports going back to Iraq. They may not even realize what a simple Thank You means to a service member!!
    Redneck Rucker

Sr. Apprentice

My first cruise back from the Gulf of Tonkin, they were demonstrating in San Fran to not let us dock and calling us all kind of names. I am glad the country is giving the vets these days proper respect. It has taken a while for me to be able to accept the thanks. I did what wanted for my country because I wanted to and would do it again no questions. But lately it is good to hear the appreciation for the service. My biggest concern is for the government not to forget the ones that need the VA Medical community, the government seems to forget over time.

The government doesnt forget they just dont care. They got what they wanted out of us.

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckRucker16 View Post
    The government doesnt forget they just dont care. They got what they wanted out of us.
    I agree 100% brother

2005 Silverado SS
    Color matched AEM CAI,Magnaflow mufflers,cat delete,true dual 2.75" stainless mandrel bent exhaust,Circle D 300K stall,Transgo shift kit,Corvette servos,Detroit Tru-trac,SLP 160* T-stat,Taylor 10.4mm red wires,Comp cams 228R,903 springs,12" cross drilled and slotted rotors,WHEATLEY tuned!!!! Boss 313 22X9.5,Toyo proxes II 305/45/22,

To all Vietnam vets I just want to take a second and say welcome home. Most were never told that when they got home. From one veteran to all the others WELCOME HOME

---------- Post added at 03:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:56 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mudpuppy View Post
    Very well put!

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by