GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Earthquake in Oklahoma

There was a 5.6 magnitude earthquake 44 miles ENE of Oklahoma City at 10:53:10PM 5 Nov 11 (local time). We felt the shaking here at the house for ~30 seconds or so. It sounded kind of like a convoy of big rigs were going by. Anyone else feel it?
    Lane - Oklahoma
    2010 Chevrorlet Silverado LT Ext Cab 2wd
    - Volant CAI, Westin Steps, WeatherTech Vent Shades, Bug Shield, and Mud Flaps, Bullet Liner, Slimline Truck Cover
    2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP

Really? End of the world now that we're getting earthquakes in Oklahoma? Maybe all of the hydrolic fracking they're doing to get natural gas out is speeding up the process?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I'm not sure how far down the fracking affects stuff... The quake we had saturday was 1.7 miles deep. Just had another one (4.7 this time) around 8:45 that the USGS is placing at 1.9 miles deep.

Call the local petroleum company and ask how far there drills have gone. In Colorado some have gone as far as a mile deep to extract fuels.

Shell Oil Company has set a world water depth record in drilling and completing a subsea well 9,356 feet (1.77 miles) below the water’s surface in the Silvertip Field at the Perdido Development project, approximately 200 miles from Houston in the Gulf of Mexico.

On Sakhalin Island, in Russia’s far east, temperatures can fall to 35 degrees below zero. Many islanders herd reindeer. And in January, oil crews drilled the world’s longest and deepest extended-reach well, 7.7 miles down into the ground and 7.1 miles out under the ocean. Seven of the 10 longest oil wells on Earth have been drilled there since Exxon Mobil launched its Sakhalin-1 project in 2003. Crews expect to keep breaking their previous records in the coming months.
    Last edited by Coach24; 11-11-2011 at 07:24 PM.
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Its gods way of telling you Oklahomans to stop stacking rocks behind those poor defenseless cows!!!
    Know why Texans always get better fuel mileage when driving North? Because Oklahoma sucks so much!!

HAHA tb.. That's a good one... I don't take it personally because I'm a Tarheel by birth... I came to OK because our common uncle decided he needed me here, and I decided to stay here because, financially, it made more sense to stay than to go back to NC.

I've got a field office in Ardmore Oklahoma I'm resposable for and the technician there hates to see me coming because I zing him with a new one everytime.
    I really have nothing personal against Oklahoma, my problem is I like to get a reaction out of certain people and once I find out what gets under their skin I like to poke at it once in a while.
    I'm not a native Texan either the same uncle needed me here and much like you the economics of things made it a better choice to stay.

I just heard the cause of the earthquake. Big show tripped and fell in Texas.