GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Tow mirrors?

Default Tow mirrors?

My truck has full power(power folding) and heated mirrors. Is it possible to put power/heated tow mirrors on?

2009 Silverado LTZ Z71 4x4
    ReadyLift 2.25" leveling kit
    285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grapps
    5%tint all around
    Plasmaglow Fire & Ice LED Bar
    6000k HID's Low and Fogs
    Black badges

Yes, you can buy the GM mirrors or get Kool Vue mirrors. I picked up a set of GM mirrors on eBay, but there are a number of members on here who have the Kool Vue. You'll keep your power and heat, but you lose the power fold, and the auto tint. Great mirrors though and a mod I definitely recommend.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

exactly what i wanted to know, thanks mate

2009 Silverado LTZ Z71 4x4
    ReadyLift 2.25" leveling kit
    285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grapps
    5%tint all around
    Plasmaglow Fire & Ice LED Bar
    6000k HID's Low and Fogs
    Black badges

Sr. Apprentice

will these mirrors fit my 06?

Blog Entries

If you get 99-06 mirrors, yes they will.

You can find them on eBay. Get ready to spend about $200 or more a pair. Definitely the best mod I did (although mine are not power or heated ones).
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Sr. Apprentice

what do yours look like? i dislike the accordian looking ones from the 06...the ones they have on kool vue...

Blog Entries

You can check out mine on my newest thread under the member photos section. They are not the accordion style.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."