GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default General Grabber AT2's

I am looking at getting a leveling kit and a set of 275/70/18 General Grabber AT2's. Does anyone run these tires? If so, could you give me some pro's and con's and maybe some good alternatives? Thank you in advance for your help!
    2011 Chevrolet Silverado LT Z71

Sr. Apprentice

Nobody has these?
    2011 Chevrolet Silverado LT Z71

I had them on my explorer and in the few months I had my explorer with the tires on, they were great. And people might say "oh you didn't have them on long enough to really test them out" but I had them on my explorer from December to the beginning of June (when I traded for the Silverado) and they handled the snow perfectly. Never got stuck and I sure tried to get stuck too lol. They handled well in normal conditions as well. A little more noise than the previous tire but for an AT tire, they weren't that loud. For the money, they are a good deal IMO.

One of my cousin's friends has them on his F150 and he likes them, good traction on and off road, can't say anything from personal experience though. As an alternative, check out the BFG All Terrain T/A KO's, they're great tires, I've used them on my truck for about a year now and I couldn't be happier with them. Great traction on and off road, very quiet for an AT tire, good tread life, not that expensive, plus they look good IMO.
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

A lot of ss guys run these and I haven't heard anything bad about them. I have run Nitto 420s and currently running Toyo proxes stII. The Nitto and Toyo are goo alts.

2005 Silverado SS
    Color matched AEM CAI,Magnaflow mufflers,cat delete,true dual 2.75" stainless mandrel bent exhaust,Circle D 300K stall,Transgo shift kit,Corvette servos,Detroit Tru-trac,SLP 160* T-stat,Taylor 10.4mm red wires,Comp cams 228R,903 springs,12" cross drilled and slotted rotors,WHEATLEY tuned!!!! Boss 313 22X9.5,Toyo proxes II 305/45/22,