GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: LT Headers

Default LT Headers

After my catalytic converter dilemma I decided to just go with some long tube pacesetter headers. Are pacesetters a pretty good brand? They only want 250 for them when other brands want around 600.

Also, if I installed them I would have to remove or move my cats wouldn't I? I was thinkin about to just taking them out because my city doesn't have emission testing. But I have heard that unless its tuned right that it would be bad because it would make my truck run way worse. Is there any only places that I can put a different program on my bullydog triple GT to make it so i can tune the cats out or would i have to get like a dyno tune? I heard those run about 500 bucks, which I'm not looking to spend right now. lol What else could I do to make my truck think my cats are running fine? I don't wanna have to buy one of those simulators because I don't wanna have to mess with my ecu.

Can someone please help me with some of my questions?
    please and thank you

-Chad
    '07 Chevy Silverado Classic

PERFORMANCE
    -K&N Intake
    -Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer
    -Thrush Muffler
    -Bully Dog Triple GT Programmer
    5.3L V8
    LOOKS
    -3" Spindle Lift
    -Tint
    -Blacked Out Rims
    -Blacked Out Taillights
    SOUND
    -2 Kicker CVT 12s
    -Rockford Fosgate 6.5"
    -500 Alpine Mono Block
    -Pioneer 6.5" Touch Screen
    -2 Boss Tweeters
    SOON!
    -3.73 gears

Check out DynaTech headers. Better quality and fit than the Pacesetters.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Check out DynaTech headers. Better quality and fit than the Pacesetters.
    X2 I agree 100%

2005 Silverado SS
    Color matched AEM CAI,Magnaflow mufflers,cat delete,true dual 2.75" stainless mandrel bent exhaust,Circle D 300K stall,Transgo shift kit,Corvette servos,Detroit Tru-trac,SLP 160* T-stat,Taylor 10.4mm red wires,Comp cams 228R,903 springs,12" cross drilled and slotted rotors,WHEATLEY tuned!!!! Boss 313 22X9.5,Toyo proxes II 305/45/22,

Legend
    Blog Entries

Last time I checked Dynatech was waaaaay over $600.00, correct me If I am wrong though? I priced them last year for my 05' and they wanted $1,200 for headers alone, add the midpipe and your up to almost $2,000.....

If you do keep your catalytic convertors, you are going to have to do some serious relocating, and actually If you move them too far out of stock position you will still have problems. Just do what I did with my Firebird, run longtube headers wide open! No cats, no muffler, no turndowns

i want to run it with no cats but im scared that i get pulled over and checked. its a 20,000 fine

No cats is a $20,000 fine?
    2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Vortec V8
    2" Body Lift
    3" Suspension Lift
    Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks
    Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer
    35" Tires with 20" American Racing Rims
    Velocity Cold Air Intake
    Billet Throttle Body Spacer
    BBK Performance Headers
    MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust System
    DiabloSport Predator- Soon to be tuned by Diablew

"Soon to be leveling-kit"

I read that in az having no cats is a 20,000 dollar fine.

WOW! Guess you should either keep them on or hollow them out to make it appear like they are installed.

Hey Chad513:

If you do get the Long Tube Pacetters just be careful on the primaries. Do you have the 4.8L? If so I think they are just too big. Maybe if you had the 5.3L it would be ok ,but I got a pair of headers that was similar to the pacesetters you have and I think I lost power. The headers I had were 1 3/4 inch primaries and I think they were just too big for my 4.8L cause bigger size equals less exhaust scavenging. Maybe 1 5/8 inch would be ok since the stock manifold has 1 1/2 inch primaries. Also I needed a custom tune because after I put the headers on my truck it ran real bad. And it was hard to fool the ECU without cats and a tune. It also had lost low end rpm torque and mpg! I eventually took the headers off and put the stock manifolds back on. After that it felt like a new truck! Haha! Plus long tube headers usually pushes the power in the upper rpm range. If you got the 4.8L your really gonna have to rev it! Maybe it would be worth it if you were gonna go with a big cam and some high flow heads afterwards but even if you do gain hp and torque you probably wont feel it. If you do go with the headers it would probably be better to spend money and not go cheap like I did. Maybe 1 3/4 primaries would be ok with a tune. Maybe I just got bad luck and had a bad experience since I bought cheap headers and I didn't get a custom tune. I hope all goes well.

Good Luck man.
    06 Silverado Reg Cab Stock except for flowmaster 40 muffler, and monroe sensatracs

Legend
    Blog Entries

Blackjack1500 is 100% correct, bigger is not always better!

Anyone find any Dynatech headers for under $600 yet, I'm still looking??

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by