GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default heat prob with 95 Silverado heat then, no heat???need some help!PLZ

hello, I am having issues with my silverado. It was pretty cold today and I went to turn on the heat and it would run good and then get cold. I have also had probs with the fan just randomly cuts out and comes back. Strange. I think its the thermostat. Does anyone know what this is. No engine overheat, nothing else wrong.

If the fan is randomly turning on and off I would check the connecter under the dash on the passenger side. (right under the glove box). On my 95 it had corroded and melted. I just stripped the wires and soldered them together. Works fine now. As far has, heat, no heat goes, Keep your eye on the temp gauge. Is it at operating temp? Does it stay at operating temp? If you move the temp switch on the dash do you feel a difference in temperature? I have seen the switches go bad and it always blows cold air.
    Last edited by Pikey; 11-18-2011 at 12:00 PM.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Thanks for the reply, it ended up being the thermostat. Acc the next day my dad drove it to work and it overheated, but luckily I had the thermostat already. So an easy fix, as for the fan speed, could it be the resistor? It works on all speeds but at idle it is hit and miss but driving its perfect that is why I think its the resistor. Or maybe a short in the fan?

could be the resistor. I would check that connection under the dash. Like I said it was so corroded that it worked hit and miss.