GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default '07 Chevy Silverado 1500 4D, Front Passenger squeaking noise

Hey guys,
    A little truck info: 07 Chevy Silverado 4D, LT model

so for the last month when im driving around im my truck, and i turn the wheel to make a right hand turn a loud squeaking sound comes from the front passenger wheel, i cant seem to figure out what is makin this noise... i first thought it was my breaks that were done and need to be changed, so i check them out and looked at them and they still had pad left, so i just sanded them a bit to get any uneveness and rock off them, put them back on and i week ago i changed the breaks hoping this was the solution and after a week the noise is still there....
    so does anyone have any idea what could possible making the noise as i turn right anytime? is it maybe that something need to be regreased?

Thanks for any help in advance

2007 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
    22" Boss 313 Series
    8,000K HID Lights
    Flowmaster Exhaust
    Drop Kit
    Tinted Windows
    Blacked Out Third Brake Light

Mond's To DO:
    Darker Tint Rear Windows
    Paint Bowtie White
    Or
    Get a Chrome Bowtie

OLD TRUCK RIP
    2004 Chevy Silverado 1500 Ext
    Exhaust w/Chrome Tip
    2 In. Rear Shackle Drop
    Window Tint
    HID Light Kit-8000K
    22" Boss 313 Series
    Painted Front Grille & Bowtie

maybe a wheel hub?

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Home base FL, currently working in Sioux City, IA

Default I agree with previous post as hubs as the starting point

Jack it up by the center cross member and check the wheel for play. I've done both hubs on my 2001 but they would squeak when driving a straight line and go quiet when the wheel was turned at speed. If there is a lot of play, see if the ball joints are moving. To isolate the bearing, you can jack it up with the jack under the lower control arm and this take most ball joint play out of the equation.

you could jack it up, turn it right and spin the tire. See if the noise shows up. It may not with out the weight of the truck on it. Is it 2wd or 4wd?

Quote Originally Posted by matt.olblue View Post
    Jack it up by the center cross member and check the wheel for play. I've done both hubs on my 2001 but they would squeak when driving a straight line and go quiet when the wheel was turned at speed. If there is a lot of play, see if the ball joints are moving. To isolate the bearing, you can jack it up with the jack under the lower control arm and this take most ball joint play out of the equation.
    ill try this this saturday, seem like this might be an starting point to find out this damn noise, it starting to do it under breaking too now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    you could jack it up, turn it right and spin the tire. See if the noise shows up. It may not with out the weight of the truck on it. Is it 2wd or 4wd?
    its a 2wd Pikey