GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Apprentice

Default best proven exhaust

My exhaust is finally getting to the point where I'm going to have to replace it. It currently has 3 inch true duals with stock cats with 2 aftermarket mufflers (can't remember what brand, they are stainless though). What's the consensus on exhaust now that the 5.3 has been around for a while? is single with a good muffler the way to go or is 2.5 inch dual? I know 3 inch is definitely too big for a stock 5.3
    93 trans am-FOR SALE!

87 Buick Turbo-T WE4 Yes, they are fast:he:

I have a corsa system on mine. It sounds ok, not too loud, and does not drone at highway speeds.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

I have corsa as well on my 2010. No drone inside the cab. Well worth the money

I have magnaflow mufflers on mine with cat delete and absolutly love it

2005 Silverado SS
    Color matched AEM CAI,Magnaflow mufflers,cat delete,true dual 2.75" stainless mandrel bent exhaust,Circle D 300K stall,Transgo shift kit,Corvette servos,Detroit Tru-trac,SLP 160* T-stat,Taylor 10.4mm red wires,Comp cams 228R,903 springs,12" cross drilled and slotted rotors,WHEATLEY tuned!!!! Boss 313 22X9.5,Toyo proxes II 305/45/22,

From my experience and what i have seen I am huge fan of split 45 degree duals, My problem with straight duals is that if not done correctly or poor product then they will become un even. on My 2010 silverado 1500 5.3l I have the sport dual from MBRP sounds great no drone, and looks great.

I got mine from Little Power shop out of PA. They are pretty good.

Now my Brother has Flowmasters on his 2005 5.3, sounds good but loud too and alot of cab drone.

Hope that helps.good luck

I have the MBRP Performance Catback and I love it, nice sound at idle and really opens up when you step on the pedal. Not a bad price either. Angles out behind the rear tires.
    2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Vortec V8
    2" Body Lift
    3" Suspension Lift
    Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks
    Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer
    35" Tires with 20" American Racing Rims
    Velocity Cold Air Intake
    Billet Throttle Body Spacer
    BBK Performance Headers
    MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust System
    DiabloSport Predator- Soon to be tuned by Diablew

"Soon to be leveling-kit"

Sr. Apprentice

I'm not looking for particular brand, more which style than anything. Is there any gain from going from single to dual? Is there anyone running 3inch single with a performance muffler?

You could go with a 2.5in pipe and a 3in tip. I think a true 3in pipe all the way out is to big for a 5.3 you lose back pressure. ive got a true straight pipe(no cats) that runs to a flowmaster super 44 and it sounds great. It is a little loud on the highway but i dont take the highway that much anyways.
    Redneck Rucker