GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default 2007 NNBS intermittently will not crank

My Silverado has an intermittent no start problem. When it happening all I can hear is one click for each turn of the key. The engine fails to crank but my voltage gauge does not move and indicates over 12 volts. My clock and everything else is also functioning as normal and does not reset as when a battery goes dead.

Is there anything else such as a relay etc in the starter circuit?

Iím thinking that maybe the leads are dirty on the starter or solenoid? Maybe the Solenoid is failing? If the starter was failing it would draw down the voltage right? Could the solenoid be clicking but not closing its contacts?

Anything else I should check?

It could be coincidence but my truck was rust checked (undercoated) yesterday and hasnít worked correctly since I drove it home?

Thanks

L76 2007 Vmax
    Brown '07 Silverado LTZ V-Max

Sr. Engineer

It could be the neutral safety switch, that won't let the engine turn over unless the engine is in park or neutral. Its on the side of the transmission under the car, so if they sprayed undercoating and it got inside the switch that could do it.

I have come accross a similar problem, truck ran fine last night, this morning it wont crank, battery is fine, everything works just won't turnover, sounds like it is trying to lock the doors etc, any advice as to what this might be?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sierratom View Post
    I have come accross a similar problem, truck ran fine last night, this morning it wont crank, battery is fine, everything works just won't turnover, sounds like it is trying to lock the doors etc, any advice as to what this might be?

thanks
    My truck had an issue with its positive battery connector. A lot of these trucks have a problem with the battery cable connectors not being crimped on correctly. Some have issue with the negative but with my truck it was the positive. I replaced the connector with a bolt together clamping type and I've been fine since. Never found this out until after checking all the fuse, fuse box connectors, and replacing my battery out of frustration. All this to have it happen again a week later. Since the cable connector fix not a problem and no hesitating to start.

Hope this helps!
    Brown '07 Silverado LTZ V-Max

Quote Originally Posted by deepstuff View Post
    My truck had an issue with its positive battery connector. A lot of these trucks have a problem with the battery cable connectors not being crimped on correctly. Some have issue with the negative but with my truck it was the positive. I replaced the connector with a bolt together clamping type and I've been fine since. Never found this out until after checking all the fuse, fuse box connectors, and replacing my battery out of frustration. All this to have it happen again a week later. Since the cable connector fix not a problem and no hesitating to start.

Hope this helps!
    Thanks alot, seems that was the exact problem, saved me from getting a 250 fine, because it was parked on a snow clearing route here in canada