GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Thread: Strange Noise

Default Strange Noise

Has any on notice when driving on the highway over 60 a strange noise, coming from around the top of the windshield.. sounds like hundreds of stones,,,,
    Last edited by Silver Chevy; 11-19-2011 at 09:49 PM.
    Modís.. 8,000k Hid Head Lights and Fog Lights, 6 1/2 Infinity Reference 6030cs in the front. Infinity Reference 6032si 6-3/4 in rear,, Front and Rear powered with Sound Ordnance M-4100.
    Custom Sub box with 2 10 inch Kicker 10CVR104 with a JL Audio JX360/2 2-channel amp.
    Painted door Handles, Mirrors, and Wheel Well Moldings, Tinted Front windows, Custom Pinstripe,
    20 inch Enkei GRAB6 with a set of Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza tires.
    Gibson Dual Exhaust, K&N cold air Intake.

Ok ,,, been doing some looking around through the posts,,,, Is this sound I hear coming from this vent that everyone is talking about

By the "vent" do you mean the aspirator? The quarter size speaker looking thing above your head in the head liner? Those do go bad. They are easy to pull apart, clean, and lube.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

No this is around the whole top of the windshield,,, sounds like hundreds of stones hitting the windshield,,, faster I go the more its there

Wind coming through a bad seal, maybe? That would explain the increase in volume/sound as you drive faster...

try pulling of your wipers and bug shiled if you have one, sometimes those can mess with airflow and make odd noises.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

I have a bug shield and a similar noise. In my truck it sounds like it is at the top of the windshield on the passenger side. Similar sounds to when rain droplets fly off the hood and hit the windshield.
    Tony Syracuse
    Fairport, NY
    2002 Silverado K1500

Tonys ,,, you might just have ,,Thanks all ,,, I'll try each thing

I had to have my windshield resealed. I had a bad wind noise over 45mph
    Redneck Rucker

I just noticed a similar noise this morning on my way to work. Almost sounded like radio static coming through the A pillar speakers but I turned the radio off noise persisted. Just installed a WeatherTech bug deflector a few days ago, wondering if that could be creating the noise...
    Jeff - Connecticut
    2011 Silverado LT Z71, 5.3L, Towing Pkg

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last Post byLast Post by