GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Erica I have to agree with most of what you said. Where I differ is the handleing of people. When I went through the police academy it was stressed to us to use your experience to get you home but don't bring the BS from home to the job. Officers are human and it is hard to seperate the two sometimes. I am sure it is a little different for someone like me at 6'2 and 260 lbs than it is for a women. I am also a veteran. I was traveling down the interstate a few years ago on veterans day and got pulled over for speeding. I had USMC stickers on the rear window of my truck and was wearing a USMC sweatshirt also. Yes I was speeding and I deserve the ticket so let me get that clear. The trooper came up to my window and I handed her my papers when she got to the window. Her demeanor toward me was rude. She explained to me there was a bad accident a week or so ago so that was the reason for the crackdown in the area. I informed her of my ACT 120 ( Pennsylvania Police Academy) graduation as well as the fact of being a veteran and it being veterans day. Her only reply was sign on the line. I treated her as I would like to be treated during a traffic stop. She did not do the same in return. I was not looking to get out of the ticket all together because as I said earlier I was speeding ( 85 in a 55). The only thing I was hoping for is a lesser offense. So I understand what the OP is getting at.
    sgtsjj I would use this as training for how you handle things once you get on the job. You know how you feel now, try to handle yourself in a manner that someone doesn't feel this way about you.

Quote Originally Posted by Erica View Post
    I like to deal with people like you; respectful and polite.. makes my job and day easier. thanks
    It makes it easier on me too!
    2012 4.8 LS

God is great, beer is good and people (WOMEN) are Crazy

so i figure ill give him the benifit of the doubt maybe he was just having a crappy day or maybe he is just a turd, who knows we will see if i get pulled over by him again and if he treats me the same then ill do something about it, but ill just use it as a learning experince what i also find interesting is that almost every one i talk to has a very low opinion on the state patrol in MN because of how they treat people where as the local police and country deputies treat people better so as one of my friends said id rather get pulled over proctor by a proctor cop (they are known to be A$$holes i think its a requirment to be on that department) than be pulled over by a state trooper. which i think says a lot, its to bad being that the state patrol is suppose to be a more disciplined force
    Go-Recon "xtreme" amber scanning tail gate light strip, Cobra ultra2 CB radio W/ 4 foot firestix antennas, dual exhaust with 40 series single in dual out muffler, 305/65R17 Mickey Thomson Baja ATZ on 17 inch Mickey Thompson Side Biters, 3 inch body lift

"when the going gets tough the tough get cyclic:fighting0019:"
    "use the force luke:fighting0040:"

Legend
    Blog Entries

Well, I would like to just response to what aloxdaddy said... You say that we differ in the way we handle people. You dont know me, and you certainly don't know how I handle myself on the job. I posted two comments, that doesn't give you any insight into my policing style. I am very good at my job, having received accommodations for being an outstanding community officer for over 10 years, being a training officer, on road supervisor, and criminal investigator, and I can count on one hand how many complaints I have received from the public on my demeanor towards people. My ex partner was 6'4 280lbs, he didn't have to do anything, except show up and people did what he wanted, no fighting no screaming, pure compliance, why?? because they were intimidated by him.. I had to work a little harder to make sure I acted in a respectable way towards the public.

I don't know your style of enforcement, so I can't comment on that. I know who I am, my experience, knowledge and I know how to treat the public. Everyone is human, which I said in my response, and especially when the adrenaline gets pumping, you can barely think straight. There are lots of bad seeds in the law enforcement community, I try not to bring my work home with me, or take it out on anymore, sometimes you just have a bad day, or someone doesn't pass the attitude test, then they get a crap load of tickets.

You know what I love how most people are so quick to say wow, women Officers act so bitchy or rude or she is on pms all the time...makes me laugh.. if you were a women officer, you would understand a little more about why sometimes, women don't feel appreciated, or get harassed, or feel disrespected or have to work 10 times as hard to get compliance from someone. its a boys world...no doubt about that.. I do quite well in my platoon, with me and 10 male officers, I work hard, do my work, and it has taken me years to get treated the same way my partner did.

I am sorry that you had a bad experience with that female officer, yea maybe she acted inappropriate, or rude, but you cant tell me that you never did that to anyone..

2008 GMC ENVOY SLT
    GT RACERS Black Diamond Grille
    | PIAA Headlights| BEAMERS Pro HID Kit 6,000K Diamond White |
    3" LiftMeister Body Lift Kit
    |Skyjacker Suspension| MagnaFlow Exhaust w/tip |Hella Supertone Horns| Blacked out Body

"Silly Boys! Lifted Trucks are for Girls"
    "If you can't beat 'em, then your going to slow" :sign0081:

Erica I apologize if I said something to offend you. I was not trying to make judgement on how you do your job.It seemed the OP was unhappy with the way the officer handled the encounter with him. Like that officer had brought something else into the encounter. Maybe that is just the way that officer conducts his business.
    The point I was trying to make about size is basically the same thing you posted about your former partner. It is easier for a larger person to get the attention of people.
    You are correct I will never know what it is like to be a women in a "boys world". Again I apologize if I said something to offend you.

Legend
    Blog Entries

You didnt offend me, I just don't like when people make assumptions. I am not mad, or upset... don't worry... I know what you were trying to say, I just work really hard to make a difference and be a good role model for young people and women. I am pro military and usually if I have dealt with a vet or active duty, I usually give them a break, warning, or if it is really really bad, then they get a ticket.. Some Officers got issues, they are unhappy and take it out on everyone else.. I hope that you get better experiences with officers... Were Cool!!

Thank you for the work that you do.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Thank you! for serving your country and putting yourself out there to protect the lives of others. I am very pro-military and I am proud of all active and vets for being so brave and fighting for your country.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12