GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Master Mechanic

Default Holley Coil Pack Covers

As most of you guys already know I've been looking for a way to help dress up the engine bay of my '03 Silverado. I like the black look under the hood (went with the black plastic K&N, painted the alternator black, ect) and then I came across these from holley. I was thinking of customizing them, and either paint or label a bowtie and cheverolet on them. Is anyone using them now? I know they will probably require lot of trimming. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks all
    http://www.holley.com/242-1.asp
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

interesting, and seem over priced.

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

Master Mechanic

I've seen alot worse for some companies. One company makes a different valve cover for the packs, so you can put the classic small block covers on for $400 others companies versions starting at $200

Quote Originally Posted by KyleZ71 View Post
    As most of you guys already know I've been looking for a way to help dress up the engine bay of my '03 Silverado. I like the black look under the hood (went with the black plastic K&N, painted the alternator black, ect) and then I came across these from holley. I was thinking of customizing them, and either paint or label a bowtie and cheverolet on them. Is anyone using them now? I know they will probably require lot of trimming. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks all
    http://www.holley.com/242-1.asp
    Kyle, I've seen the Holley Coil Cover's, but don't know anyone that has them installed......here are Coil Cover's from Edelbrock, that I think are Sweet looking,

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

Master Mechanic

I love them but I did research and they will not fit stock motors. They were made for LS swapped cars. Since they are metal, idk how they could be made to fit. But they are about 100 bucks more. I like yours (Heartbeat's) but I cant put the bowtie and chevrolet on them. I found the spacermax by taylor, but the valve cover conversion kit that cost $300-$400. Also I want to customize my vortec motor cover, so I dont want to have to get rid of that.
    Last edited by KyleZ71; 11-20-2011 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KyleZ71 View Post
    I love them but I did research and they will not fit stock motors. They were made for LS swapped cars. Since they are metal, idk how they could be made to fit. But they are about 100 bucks more. I like yours (Heartbeat's) but I cant put the bowtie and chevrolet on them. I found the spacermax by taylor, but the valve cover conversion kit that cost $300-$400. Also I want to customize my vortec motor cover, so I dont want to have to get rid of that.
    Oh you did research those Coil Covers from Edelbrocks, O"Well thought it was worth a shot.......on the ones I have on my truck, with most of the G.M./Chevy Emblems today, they have 3m double-sided tape to mount them.....they may work with the Coil Covers I have???

I have the holley coil covers. In order to make them fit they will need trimming. I have done mine just haven't had them painted or put on yet.

2005 Silverado SS
    Color matched AEM CAI,Magnaflow mufflers,cat delete,true dual 2.75" stainless mandrel bent exhaust,Circle D 300K stall,Transgo shift kit,Corvette servos,Detroit Tru-trac,SLP 160* T-stat,Taylor 10.4mm red wires,Comp cams 228R,903 springs,12" cross drilled and slotted rotors,WHEATLEY tuned!!!! Boss 313 22X9.5,Toyo proxes II 305/45/22,

Master Mechanic

How much trimming? Something I can take care of with air cuttery tools