GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Toying with a new Truck.

Was at the dealer today.

looking at a new 11 crew cab.

what I found for 34k. 5.3, LT1 package, Z71 4x4, G80, integrated brake controller, power drivers seat, cloth bench. 18 inch 5 spoke Z71 rims. 3.42 gearing. not to sure what I should do, alot of money to be sure. might wait till next month, see what kind of end of year sales happen. the orders came down for deployment, so I am going to 'stan. wifey is due to deliver in mid april, mostly looking at a new truck for a more family friendly ride.

dunno what I should do...

ideas, suggestions?

Alex

2011 GMC Sierra SLE 5.3 Z71 4X4 Stealth Gray Metallic / 2004 Chevy Impala LS 3.8 Cappuccino

Tow mirrors - Diablew Tuned - Flowmaster Regular 40 - Ready Lift 2.5' lift - BFG LT A/T K/Os - Carr Light Wing - TruckLite LED lights - Optima Red Top - 50% Front Window Tint - Line-X bedliner - Airaid MIT - Tekonsha P2 - ARS Billet Grill - Fia custom fit seat covers

I will tell you what I would do, doesnt mean you have to listen to me. Personally I love the idea of having a new truck, but I know its not the best idea. A high truck payment and immediate depreciation is something I just cant deal with unless I am a millionaire and I am not. If I needed a bigger truck, I would look used, mileage less than 80,000, but has been well maintained. Also if I had a baby on the way, I probably wouldnt have much extra money available and a owe so much on truck would be too much stress on me. That is my 2 cents buddy.
    2002 Chevy Silverado & 1995 Ford Bronco

02 Silverado: 50K miles, 20" Motto Rims, Flowmaster 50 Series
    95 Bronco: 160K miles, 4" Superlift, 33/12.5/15 Mickey Thompson
    01 Civic: 75K miles, DD
    -Erik

If you need the 2 additional doors, the crew cab is well worth it. My wife, daughter and dog love the ride of my '09. There are some good deals to be had, and if you can take advantage of the incentives, it may be the best time to buy a truck. If gas prices decline further, you can expect the incentives to disappear.

Thanks for your service. Return home safe, and congrats on the bun in the oven.
    2009 GMC Sierra 5.3L running on E85
    Black and chrome
    Volant CAI
    Borla dual exhaust
    Chrome Billet grill
    Tonneau cover
    4300k High/Low Beam HIDs
    Westin Ultimate Bull Bar with PIAA 540s
    Blacked-out tail and third brake light

Sr. Engineer

Sounds expensive to me unless you're including tax, title, license, and all that stuff. Most of the crew cabs around here are in the 28-31 range, a local dealer has a 2011 ltz on their website for 33,4 and I'm sure you could do a little better in person. Just looking at them online around here, the 2011's are all around 7500 off sticker price.

Congrats on the kid too!

That's a pretty good deal. The sticker on my truck which looks to be about what you are looking at was 42k. Something you can also do if you can wait is order it through the NEX ( or PX) when you get over there. I know when I was on my way back from Bosnia a rep for the exchange came onboard the boat and was offering some really good deals. I don't know if they still do that. Keep your head and azz down make it back safe.

the truck i was looking at listed for $40,500. if I were to get a 4x4 lt crew non Z71 i could get it for around 37,5...

way im looking at it, if im gonna spend that kind of money, may as well get what i want.

problem is now im torn between getting a 5.3, or going big with the 6.2.....

:-D

Alex

I like the 5.3 in my truck. I have the 3.42 gears in my truck. That is something I would like to change out. The dealer didn't have any of the bigger motors on the lot so I don't know what the difference feels like. I wish they did so I could see what the bigger one felt like for seat of the pants performance. But I do agree if you are going to do it get what you want.

I am kinda bias but I like the Silverado SS. You can pick one up pretty cheap now days. I have 2 kids one 12 and the other 11 months and have plenty of room in mine. If you were wanting a crew cab I love the 2003-2007 classic 2500 HD. Think I am gonna get one for a DD when I get back from Korea.

2005 Silverado SS
    Color matched AEM CAI,Magnaflow mufflers,cat delete,true dual 2.75" stainless mandrel bent exhaust,Circle D 300K stall,Transgo shift kit,Corvette servos,Detroit Tru-trac,SLP 160* T-stat,Taylor 10.4mm red wires,Comp cams 228R,903 springs,12" cross drilled and slotted rotors,WHEATLEY tuned!!!! Boss 313 22X9.5,Toyo proxes II 305/45/22,

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Ok look at it this way... How many miles are on the truck you have now? Is there any Warr left? Are you towing anything? Will it be easy to get your new child in and out of the back? Will you feel safer with your wife driving a new truck like in the winter (If you have snow)? Did you ask for the Mil Disc?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Ok look at it this way... How many miles are on the truck you have now? Is there any Warr left? Are you towing anything? Will it be easy to get your new child in and out of the back? Will you feel safer with your wife driving a new truck like in the winter (If you have snow)? Did you ask for the Mil Disc?
    just short of 77 k. no warrenty, on occasion, down the road i will be more, and a crew will make the car seat much easier to manouver, especially for my wife, who is all of 5'2. I feel fine in the truck I have now in the winter, thats not an issue. its mostly just looking for a more family friendly truck.

gonna do some more shopping around. looked at a ford yesterday, wasnt impressed. gonna hit a few more chevy/gmc dealers and see what they have.

and yes, I was gonna get the military discount.

Alex

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by