GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Frozen rotor

Default Frozen rotor

Well I did it again, I let my Daughter's boyfreind work on my truck (a new one, seams bright) he was putting the e-brake on and before he got me. He put the rotor on and now it's stuck, won't turn and will not come off. If anyone has any ideas, I would welcome them all. Need help fast, I have to make a trip to the children's hospital next week to see my 5 year old that is fighting Cancer for three years now. I use the truck to bring supplies. any help........Thanks in advance Eric

It has to be binding on the parking brake shoe, it (the shoe) needs to be adjusted so it is a bit smaller in diameter (but you probably know this).

How do you get it off, you'll probably need a hammer. Don't hit it real hard, just small taps all around the edge of the rotor should work it off.
    Ray

'09 Avalanche LTZ - Black
    '05 Envoy XL (sold)

I went the hammer route and no luck. I will try scewdrivers and two guys and spray so lub with the hammer at the same time otherwise I will have to have it towed to the shop. If I had a big enough gear puller it might work. Thanks for the input...Eric

- - - Updated - - -

Well The screwdriver thing worked. I will put the brakes back together and take it to the shop for parking brakes. Thanks for the input. Eric