GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

I have a 2001 Suburban LT 1500 4x4. It currently has 154k. I'm hoping to get over 200k out of it. I love the look and the way it drives.

Nice Suburbans! There's just gotta be more lurking around here!

Here's mine. '97 1500 4wd. 120k miles. Just picked it up today and I love it so far!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

IF YOU ARE GONNA GO FAST ON THE WATER, DO IT IN A CIGARETTE

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Very nice-low miles-love low miles.
    It generally means you have 10,000's of miles before a trans rebuild
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Not yet a Suburban owner - but went to have a look at this one today. The intention was to take it to a local garage to get them to check it over before even considering buying it. As it happened - the battery had drained, and we tried to jump start it, to no avail. Will try again hopefully tomorrow.

It's a K2500 7.4L, not sure on the year, I think it's around 1995. 175,000 kms on the clock. Looks reasonable for the year, the odd scratches etc on the outside, a few bits need tidying up inside. No idea how it runs!

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

Looks nice.
    Are you in a rust belt -salt road-area? Canada right?
    How much is he asking? Is that a good price in your area?
    Those 454's are thirsty-but pull very well-so if you plan to tow over 5000 lbs-the 3/4 ton with that motor-pretty good idea.
    The 5.7 3/4 will certainly tow 5000-6000 lbs-but the big motor does it without breathing as hard.
    Keep fuel consumption in mind- if you don't need a heavyish tow vehicle
    Looks very nice-4x4 right ?
    I think GM went to fancier EFI-not throttle body-in 1996 or so-slightly better mpg slightly better puller-not a big deal either way
    but the throttle body works just fine also
    Charlie
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Charlie,
    I'm in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. British expat living and working here. It's up for sale at around $6400, which is pricey for US standards, but bear in mind the fuel is dirt cheap here so older bigger engine cars don't depreciate as much. Plus, the Suburban is very popular here, many Saudi families require a 5+ seater vehicle. I'm not planning on towing at all, just wanted to drive a 7l truck as I've no chance of affording it in the UK. The driving standards here are truly awful so wanted something BIG with road presence. I reckon it'll cost me around $25 to fill up! Will let you know how it goes with the purchase. Cheers

Legend

Heck yes!!
    If fuel cost is no object-454 is JUST PERFECT!!
    Pretty sure the more sophisticated FI- maybe it is called sequential port??
    Makes more power-always nice to have-ESPECIALLY if fuel cost isn't a concern.
    When I bought my 1998-($2950 in 2007) it was 7/8 empty
    Gas was $2.89 I think-
    Well I expected maybe a $90 fillup-had NO IDEA it had a 44 gallon tank!!
    $111.95 later-38+ gallons
    Now-$3.40 gas-it would be $132 for that 39 gallons!!

Fillup in GB might be $300+ right??

Aside- noticed the tires I can see look good-finish looks good-
    and I missed that Arabic writing

Do Saudis take care of-LOVE- their vehicles like USA -e-ins and Brits do-??
    Guessing Brits love their cars-wouldn't have built XKE or Austin Healey- Sunbeam Tiger or even a TR8 if they didn't!! Though the Lucas electrics-might lead me to think otherwise!!
    Looks well taken care of
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Generally speaking, very few used cars will come with any kind of service history here, owners just tend to do any work as and when required. Due to the heat and dust , summer temp are always around high 40c heading towards 50c, and with it being in the middle of a desert region, dust is an ever present, the main thing to ensure is that the engine oil is replaced regularly and again, with oil being cheap, it's a run of the mill task all cars go through. Buying is always a risk, which is why I'm happy to pay around $100 to take the car for an inspection test prior to agreeing to buy. Usually involves a engine compression test etc, body work check, checks for leaks and damage under the car and finally a road test. If they sort out the battery issues, will hopefully go down today after work and have a test drive. 42 gallons is 160 litres right? In the UK that would cost me around 220 at today's prices, around $350! Here, around $25. Bit of a difference! It's just got to be done! Currently have a Trailblazer 2007 LT, which is very nice but to be honest, due to stupendously idiotic driving on daily display, don't like driving it in Riyadh traffic. The K2500 seems ideal! Cheers.

Legend

Dust-
    Forgot about that since it isn't a concern in New Orleans-or in most of the USA except maybe some places in the SW USA.
    Very fine dust Makes its way past air filter - grinds away the engine-compression check oil pressure shows how much time left on engine

jmcinaz- very very nice
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast